We are Farmers!
Join a team of diverse professionals at Farmers to acquire skills on the job and apply your learned knowledge to future roles at Farmers. Farmers Insurance also offers extensive training opportunities through the award winning University of Farmers named by Training magazine amongst top 10 corporate training units in the world.
Performs all technical claims activities relating to assigned workers’ compensation indemnity claims.
- Ascertains and verifies employment, and determines if injury arose out of (and during course of) employment.
- Completes workers’ compensation status and reserve evaluation on all assigned cases.
- Secures evidence and information by office conference, telephone, correspondence, and by assigning necessary field investigations.
- Contacts employee by telephone, correspondence or in person, and explains workers compensation benefits.
- Determines nature, extent, and duration of disability; reviews with doctors; authorizes medical care and examinations; and maintains medical coordination of all claims.
- Determines monetary value of disabilities, and authorizes weekly indemnity.
- Negotiates settlements within extent of authority, and issues claims drafts or checks in payment of claims.
- Contacts, investigates, and negotiates subrogation settlements on assigned cases.
- Establishes and controls diary for file control.
- Maintains adjuster license in states where required.
Bending, Pulling, Sorting, Carrying up to 20 lbs., Pushing, Speaking (English), Climbing, Reaching, Standing, Key entering, Reading (English), Walking, Kneeling, Seeing, Writing (English).
Required job duties are normally performed in a climate- controlled office environment, but with exposure to some or all of the following environments when in the field: Uncontrolled outside environmental conditions Excessive Noise Levels Chemicals Chemical/Biological Conditions Moving Mechanical Parts Areas considered dangerous Conditions, which could affect the respiratory system or skin such as: fumes, odors, dust, mists, gases, oils, smoke, soot, or poor ventilation.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
- None. Must achieve minimum passing scores on all claims training exams.
- 1+ year of Claims / Worker’s Compensation experience strongly preferred
- Personal Computer Literate
- Valid driver’s license
Job Location(s): US – OR – Remote
Click Here To Apply