Under the general supervision of the Health Education Associate Director and the Director of Health Education and Prevention Programs, the Women’s Health Case Manager (WHCM) works to encourage women’s well-being by educating individuals and the community about the Every Woman Counts (EWC) program and other women’s health programs. They perform a variety of registration, eligibility and case management services for the EWC and Breast and Cervical Cancer Treatment Program (BCCTP) on a Clinicas del Camino Real (CDCR) Patient’s behalf from within CDCR Health Centers. The WHCM works with a multi-cultural population of diverse socioeconomic backgrounds levels of education and ages.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Women’s Health Case Manager is responsible for performing the following duties:
- Informs patients about the availability of EWC services.
- Interviews patients to obtain accurate and complete demographic, financial and eligibility information.
- Researches and verifies patient diagnosis and eligibility for a variety of women’s programs including EWC-BCCTP coverage.
- Properly completes EWC-BCCTP enrollment applications through electronic and manual systems.
- Clarifies professional/medical instructions to patients and provides supportive educational counseling to reinforce Provider instructions.
- Provides case management services for individuals on EWC-BCCTP, generates patient letters and bills encounters following program guidelines.
- Utilizes data analytics systems to capture potential patients for education services and for case management purposes.
- Documents all patient encounters using electronic health record systems, scans documents into health record. Compiles and prepares monthly report.
- Works with current department grants providing support to meet requirements.
- Conducts CDCR in-service activities which educate CDCR staff about EWC-BCCTP program protocols.
- Conducts outreach activities which include patient presentations on Women’s Wellness and health screenings within the health center and community setting. Promotes services via in-person, broadcast & social media as requested.
- Interacts in a professional manner and works collaboratively with Clinicas’ staff and patients.
- Will be required to both capture and provide information that is of a sexual health nature which will involve family planning.
- May assist patients with mental illness, substance abuse problems and or/emotional disturbance.
- Will work individually as well as in group settings with minimal supervision
- Complete and maintain program certifications as assigned by supervisor.
- Will work extended hours and weekends as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including participation in all safety programs, which may include assignment to an emergency response team.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in health education or related field is required.
- Must have experience delivering Health Education messages to communities.
- Experience in a medical setting providing health education to patients is preferred.
- Should have a strong desire to improve the health and well-being of target populations.
- Be a self-motivated, independent, innovative thinker and a resourceful problem solver.
- Must have dedication to team work and the ability to deliver exceptional patient service.
- Must be able to perform work in both community and professional settings.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong grammar and spelling with a high degree of accuracy.
- Proficiency with use of computers is required, as well as a proficient level of typing.
- Must be bilingual, English/Spanish.
- Must be flexible with work schedule and be available to work weekends and evenings as requested.
- Must have reliable transportation.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $22.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Ventura, CA 93004: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Case management/health education: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply