- About Galvanize
- Read our blog
- Meet Stride
- Success Stories
- Responsibility and Inclusion
Galvanize, a Stride, Inc, company, is a technology ecosystem for learners, entrepreneurs, startups, and established companies that meets the needs of the rapidly changing digital world.
Technical Mentors are primarily responsible for ensuring students are technically prepared for a successful job search and career in the software industry. Technical Mentors are student-facing members of the team, building culture, coaching success behaviors, and talking code. The Technical Mentor works closely with a classroom of students across the entire length of the program and, in collaboration with other team members, is responsible for the education and employability of the student as well as the strength of the cohort community. The Tech Mentor watches over their class of students and ensures on a day-to-day basis that everyone is learning rapidly and is on track for success. When a student gets a job after the program, such core teaching staff are those they thank with the deepest emotion.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Ensure students are technically prepared for success in their job search and on the job.
- Deliver one-on-one technical coaching and support to students, developing their coding skills and understanding of and ability to effectively communicate about difficult technical concepts.
- Intentionally push students to become increasingly autonomous engineers; support them in reading & accurately interpreting documentation and error messages, improve their debugging skills, and become courageous coders.
- Provide expert technical and project management guidance to small groups of students building exciting projects using cutting-edge technologies.
- Accurately and proactively evaluate, track & communicate student technical progress. This includes grading students’ work, delivering feedback, and modeling successful behavior.
- Build and execute effective individual student remediation plans to ensure that all of our students become successful software engineers.
- Identify and respond to cohort-wide remediation needs, crafting supplemental lectures & lesson plans addressing cohort-specific needs.
- Contribute to curriculum initiatives that address popular technologies.
- Contribute to local evangelism and enrollment initiatives, such as attendance at meetups, speaking at conferences, leading workshops, etc.
- Serve as a technical partner while collaborating with all other departments that ensure job search success.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This position has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Candidates must meet one of the following paths to certification:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science + 2 years qualifying work, or
- Any Bachelor’s degree + certificate from licensed coding program + 3 years qualifying work, or
- High School Diploma/GED + 5 years qualifying work
- Ability to clear the required background check
- Qualifying work experience includes Software Engineering, Computer Programming, Computer Science, or Web Development. Excludes teaching.
- Experience with industry-standard software development practices and methodologies like Agile, Scrum and Kanban
- Skilled at teaching in an immersive remote learning environment
- Skilled and engaging facilitator/lecturer
- Ability to analyze and model student progress and remove educational roadblocks
- Possesses a strong growth mindset: seeks feedback, admits to and learns from failure, autonomously learns and grows while seeking appropriate support from coworkers and manager
- Motivated by and derives satisfaction from high-ownership work environments and has a passion for education
- Aligned with our overall instructional philosophies
- Highly autonomous, conscientious, reliable, self-motivated and solution oriented
- Strong collaboration skills, high self-awareness, flexible, open-minded and positive
- Empathetic and charismatic
- Able to work Pacific Time working hours and occasional evenings/Saturdays.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This is a home based position. This position is open to residents of, and may be performed remotely from all 50 states and Washington, D.C.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Stride, Inc. considers a person’s education, experience, and qualifications, as well as the position’s work location, expected quality and quantity of work, required travel (if any), external market and internal value when determining a new employee’s salary level. Salaries will differ based on these factors, the position’s level and expected contribution, and the employee’s benefits elections. Offers will typically be in the bottom half of the range.
- The minimum annual compensation may be around $85,000. The average annual maximum compensation may be around $115,000.
- Stride, Inc. offers employees a robust benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, disability and parental leave, voluntary life and AD&D insurance, accident and hospital supplemental plans and commuter benefits. Employees may also be eligible for paid time off (PTO), 401(k) retirement plan, bonus, and generous professional development programs.
The above job is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor. All employment is “at-will” as governed by the law of the state where the employee works. It is further understood that the “at-will” nature of employment is one aspect of employment that cannot be changed except in writing and signed by an authorized officer.
Galvanize provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Click Here To Apply