Sanford Federal, Inc. (SANFORD) headquartered in Stafford, VA., is a premier, Service- Disabled Veteran Owned Small Business that provides federal professional services, primarily engaged in providing advanced information technology, cyber security, management systems support, as well as business and infrastructure management services.
We are among the most innovative, respected, and ethical providers of technology solutions to the United States government. Our mission is to provide superior quality, innovative, information technology solutions that help federal agencies best aid, serve, and protect the American people.
Sanford Federal is looking for a Protestant Music Director to provide, teach, coordinate and direct appropriate high-quality music for a primarily contemporary style worship service, but include a mix of traditional and Gospel styles periodically.
· Job Title: Protestant Music Director
· Location: United States Air Force Academy, Colorado, 80840
· Type: Part-time 9 hours per week.
Requirements & Skills:
· Must have a minimum of four-years of experience directing music in a chapel or church setting. Two-years of post-high school music education are preferred.
· Must Have experience directing choral and or playing utilizing a wide range of traditional and Christian contemporary music for all Protestant music groups and events and assisting with directing music at ecumenical Christian worship events.
· Be able to read music and teach vocal music part and harmony.
· Be proficient on piano and or keyboard.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities:
· Recruit, train, and assist all volunteers for the Protestant praise team, as well as lead in the worship service. The contractor is responsible for teaching, directing, coordinating, and leading vocal music in coordination with the Protestant musician and service chaplain.
· Submit accurate choir attendance records to the Protestant service Parish Coordinator or chaplain on a weekly basis.
· Assist the service chaplain in planning, coordinating and directing a music program appropriate for the worship service. Music chosen shall complement the theme and message of the assigned service chaplain.
· Coordinate all special music to be performed at each service with the chaplain responsible for that service. This includes solos, duets, choirs, and guest musicians.
· Plan and direct weekly rehearsals for the choir to last at least one hour in length, not including the time required to setup and tear down.
· Provide all necessary sheet music to musicians, in the form of lead sheets, chord sheets, at least one week in advance of rehearsals.
· Ensure all audio and or visual equipment is setup and tested prior to each worship event and rehearsal.
· Monitor the condition of praise team equipment and advise the COR of any problems or needs.
· Ensure the Protestant praise team and or choir area is left clean after use by putting audio/visual equipment away properly and restoring area to original/neutral configuration and or setting.
· Identify and coordinate Chapel Tithes and Offerings budget requests to support the music program to the service chaplain. Purchase items IAW local operating instructions once the request has been coordinated, vetted, signed and approved.
Why choose Sanford Federal?
You can take pride in working for a company dedicated to serving our government by providing the best, most cost-effective solutions for the US Government. Our work helps the US Government secure our nation, support the efforts of our military and intelligence communities, and provide lifesaving medical services to our soldiers, vets, and their families.
Please submit your most up-to-date resume. Please be sure to highlight your relevant experience.
Sanford Federal, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all qualified candidates to apply.
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Pay: $700.00 per month
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply