Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. (sm)
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: United Healthcare – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
As a Senior Software Engineer you will work with a team to achieve automation needs for processing claims.
- Work with stakeholders to understand business needs
- Look for opportunities for automation of common tasks
- Look for opportunities to leverage modern technologies, help standardize solutions for developers/engineers
- Support existing application including implementing enhancements, fixes as necessary
- Perform all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma/GED Equivalent
- Working knowledge of one to two software programming/scripting languages
- 2+ years of systems analysis, design, development experience
- Strong understanding of Software Development life cycle (Waterfall and Agile)
- Development experience using Macro Express
- Display a strong desire to achieve and attain high levels of both internal and external customer satisfaction
- You will be asked to perform this role in an office setting or other company location.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Go-getter with a positive attitude
- Good communication, presentation skills
- Undergraduate Degree in Software Engineering preferred
- Development experience using Java, C#,
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 5 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work.(sm)
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $20.77 to $36.88. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Software Engineer, Developer, Programming Language, Software Development Life cycle, Waterfall, Agile, VBScript, Java, C#, WAH, WFH, Telecommute, Remote, Optum, UHG, UnitedHealth, #RPO
Click Here To Apply