We are a 6 bed detox/residential treatment facility in Westchester.
We are seeking a Detox Technician who is passionate about working with clients in early recovery. A candidate who is motivated, dependable and able to multitask.
We are seeking a Detox Tech that will ensure resident safety and confidentiality, maintain professional boundaries with residents. The Detox Technician will perform duties while adhering to the organization’s values and principals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting urine screens, self-medication management, and the secure search/storage of personal property
- Hourly adherence state resident care standards, i.e 30 Minute rounds
- Minimum 30 minute interactions and observations of residents during at least the first 72 hours after admission. Interaction is always happening whether it’s during admissions, resident self-medication, or sharing meals. A primary responsibility of the detox technician is to observe and connect with who our residents really are. You are the front line and who we learn the most about the residents from.
- Recording 30 minutes observations on the CNV Detox designated forms (KIPU).
- Measures and records residents’ vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse and respiration, when required
- The security of our residents, staff and facility is of utmost importance. All detox technicians are required to do brief walkthroughs of every part of the facility to help maintain a solid presence of staff awareness of resident behavior
- Detox technicians are responsible for maintaining the cleanliness of facility: disinfecting, mopping, sanitizing.
- Prepare/present breakfast, lunch, dinner on a daily basis. Choose weekly menus from the dietician approved menu file
- Clean up kitchen and supervise residents in chores after meals
- In charge of kitchen maintenance; Ensure that refrigerators and freezers are kept clean,
- Prepare shopping list and carry out shopping on a weekly basis (or as needed) due to census change
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Operation
Education & Qualifications:
- Experience in the Field of Recovery or Equivalent Human Services Field work experience preferred, or prior experience in detox preferred but not required
- CPR, First Aid Certification, current tuberculosis test results required before starting work
- DMV record clearance per Company insurance requirements. Candidate must have a valid driver’s license to transport residents.
- Desire to assist clients with chemical dependence in their recovery
- Ability to work as part of a team, dynamic situations and can multitask.
- High school graduate (or GED equivalent).
- The Detox Technician shall be registered or certified in compliance with California State law to provide alcohol and drug counseling in pursuant of Section 13010, Title 9, California Code of Regulations (RADT)
- Completion of Food Handlers Course (online)
We are currently providing face to face services (no telehealth). This is an on-site position. Masks and gloves are provided, all clients are tested for COVID-19.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 – $17.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Addiction Medicine
- 8 hour shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Behavioral health: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- CPR & First Aid Certification (Required)
- One location
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply