Andersen is a place of vibrant energy and innovation and these innovations are part of a well-defined roadmap to seize opportunities ahead. The Bayport, MN plant is seeking expceptional Production Supervisors to join our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts for Andersen’s 100Series.
PURPOSE: The purpose of this position is to support the Production Manager in driving the process of continuous improvement for a small/stable value stream (procurement to delivery). This position takes a lead role in meeting targets for safety, quality, costs, customer service and associate satisfaction/development within the value stream.
The Production Supervisor coaches, trains, supports, and develops a team of flexible, multi-skilled associates in accordance with Andersen Corporation’s values, employee covenant, and strategic direction.
- Maintain high level of visibility with associates. Use hands-on approach to communicate daily and involve associates in problem solving.
- Promote safety and ensure a safe work environment and safe associate work habits.
- Develop a high performance work team with high levels of associate engagement morale, satisfaction, and performance.
- Create and maintain a respectful work environment by listening, seeking facts to support decisions, managing one’s own reactions, and addressing unacceptable behavior.
- Help associates succeed through performance management. Provide coaching and performance communication to support development.
- Ensure the desired product quality levels are achieved through use of standard work and training to those standards, training in operation and inspection techniques, and use of tools/data.
- Support and implement new, customer-focused processes in accordance with lean principles and practices. Provide training and coaching to improve standard work, work center organization (5S), and housekeeping. Actively provide change leadership as required.
- Support and foster an environment of continuous improvement by encouraging associates to challenge existing processes and implement solutions that enhance the overall effectiveness of the operation.
- Support associates in understanding company policies and practices.
- Take notice of process related problems and support associates in taking corrective action to improve the overall performance of the team.
- Communicate with and listen to associates on a daily basis regarding work center/team performance, strategic initiatives, policy changes, safety, quality, etc.
- Communicate with other supervisors and appropriate personnel regarding equipment, safety, work center schedules, company policies and practices, performance improvement plans, etc.
- 4 year degree preferred
- 2 – 4 years of supervisory or work center lead experience
- Previous experience in a logistics operation with demonstrated ability to acquire and apply continuous improvement, lean, and manufacturing system principles a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and motivate people.
- Business acumen and knowledge:
- Basic business knowledge about how a business runs and makes decisions.
- Listening skills
- Effective communicating 1:1 and in groups
- Presentation skills
- Results Orientation
- Able to motivate associates
- Bias for action
- Displays energy for the business
- Supports and communicates difficult decisions
- Collaborates with associates at all levels
- Effectively supports change
- Developing skills in coaching production associates
- Able to maintain a respectful and safe work environment
- Able to support a continuous improvement culture
- Works effectively with warehouse, shop and/or deliver associates
- Demonstrates strong problems solving skills
CULTURE AND BENEFITS:
Our vision is to make the world a better place by living up to the promise that everyone benefits from their association with Andersen. We’re committed to making a difference through challenging ourselves each day, recognizing and rewarding success, taking pride in our work and honoring a legacy built on doing the right thing. There is great respect for life outside work so that you can bring your best self to work.
At Andersen, Orange is how we describe a spirit that drives us to imagine what’s possible. Our commitment at Andersen is to have an inclusive and diverse workplace where employees feel respected, valued and driven to realize their full potential. Whether in product development, our manufacturing processes, sales programs and services, the relationships we build—with our customers, our communities and each other—we see possibility everywhere, every day and use our collective talents to make it happen. We hope you’ll accept our invitation to Be Orange, Be You at Andersen.
As an innovative and industry-leading organization, we think of benefits more broadly. From your health care to your work environment, to your development and quality of life, we think beyond basic benefits to provide a total rewards package including, but not limited to:
- Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account contributions
- Paid holidays plus PTO
- 401(k) plan & contributions
- Professional development & tuition reimbursement opportunities
- A culture that supports work-life balance
- An environment where collaboration is key
- Volunteer opportunities – on company time
- Environmentally conscious business decisions
- 7,000+ employees and career opportunities nationwide
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply