JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers the telephone in a timely manner, assists or directs the caller to the appropriate person or department.
- Receives and updates patient information.
- Maintains files in the appropriate order.
- Establishes and maintains accurate patient records and record filing system.
- Accurately completes the registration process in the current computer system.
- Verifies patient’s insurance benefits.
- Processes pre-certifications/authorizations depending on the special requirements of the patient’s insurance company.
- Schedules appointments considering patient needs and utilizing the clinic time efficiently.
- Confirms appointments and maintains a full department schedule.
- Communicates any scheduling problems to the Department Manager.
- Receives cash, checks, and credit card payments and prepares receipts.
- Distributes mail to clinical staff.
- Processes requests for release of information in accordance with the policies set forth by the Medical Record Department.
PHYSICAL AND SENSORY REQUIREMENTS:
Sitting up to eight hours per day, up to six hours at a time. Standing for up to eight hours per day, up to six hours at a time. Frequent fingering, handling, firm grasping. Frequent twisting and turning. Frequent lifting, carrying and pulling objects up to 50 lbs. Frequent stooping, bending, crouching, and reaching above shoulder level. Seeing as it relates to normal and peripheral vision. Hearing as it relates to normal conversation and telephone use.
High School graduate or equivalent. Excellent oral and written skills required to relate effectively with managers, patients, families, and staff at various levels. Demonstrates competency, as appropriate to the ages of patients served, in the ability to obtain and interpret information in terms of patients’ needs; a knowledge of growth and development, and an understanding if the range of treatment needed by these patients.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Work processing experience required including mastery of MS Office (Word, Excel, and Access). Experience with other PC software (statistical database, presentation, etc.) essential. Three years related office experience required, preferable in a medical setting. Previous Rehabilitation experience preferred.
Please complete your application using your full legal name and current home address. Be sure to include employment history for the past seven (7) years, including your present employer. Additionally, you are encouraged to upload a current resume, including all work history, education, and/or certifications and licenses, if applicable. It is highly recommended that you create a profile at the conclusion of submitting your first application. Thank you for your interest in St. Luke’s!!
Click Here To Apply