AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Associate Business Systems Consultant is an individual contributor to the development, maintenance, enhancement, and deployment of new or existing business applications, providing specialized technical and business knowledge to projects, with special focus on Enterprise Asset Management and Smart Maintenance Strategy.
This role identifies and recommends business process efficiencies in Smart Maintenance that offer greatest business opportunity and drives data-driven decision making. This role partners with the business to identify scope, use cases, gather requirements, and support implementation of systems or statistical data models using agile methodology, while aligning to global standards and best practices
Default point of contact for BTS with the business; brokers contracts between BTS and the business and resolves client and BTS relationship issues.
Manages and provides expert advice on, the selection, design, justification, implementation and business use of information systems.
Analyzes business processes; elicits, analyzes, and documents business requirements; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility and makes recommendations typically seeking to exploit and leverage new or existing technology components.
Translates business requirements into functional requirements; performs data and process modeling; manages change; and leads, coordinates / performs testing, verification, and validation of requirements.
- Elicits and communicates the organization’s business strategy; works directly with business unit clients to understand specific business processes and needs and opportunities for improvement; identifies IT capabilities and information required to support the business processes and collaborates in the development of appropriate information management strategies, developing them as an integrated part of the business strategy.
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies and procedures.
- Identifies current and emerging business needs and evaluates alternative technology solutions using standard information systems methodologies and best practices. Proactively seek out strategic business opportunities with business unit executives for the application of new or existing technology capabilities.
- Develops technology strategies that meet the requirements of the business. Identifies the business benefits of alternative strategies. Ensures compliance between business strategies and technology directions. Prepares testing plans to confirm that requirements and system design are accurate and complete.
- Conducts training. Identify process disconnects and translate them into improvement opportunities with cost savings or avoidance, productivity improvements, or revenue generating business benefits. Develops business relationships and integrates activities with other BTO’s to ensure successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Manages relationships between clients involved and BTOs to assure effective communication between the groups is occurring. Brokers services within BTS community on behalf of customers; coordinates system solutions.
- Allies with other BTS functional areas to remain current on project status, and inform customer management of progress; conversely, keeps BTS managers aware of user issues and resolves conflicts.
- Identifies the impact of any relevant statutory, internal or external regulations on the organization’s use of information.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining objectives of assignment. Has defined authority and responsibility for a significant area of work, including technical, financial and quality aspects. Establishes organizational objectives and delegates assignments. Accountable for actions and decisions taken by self and subordinates.
- Accountable for the accuracy of the fit of the proposed solution to the business needs and the information upon which the business justification and prioritization decisions are made. Also accountable for communicating the business need and drivers to development groups to assure the implementation phase can fulfill the business need.
- Social Media Communication and Collaboration: Develop and expand internal Social Media presence. Engage with clients and partners via internal Social Media tools. Promote department objectives and form community of practices. Bring and promote positive attitude and enthusiasm to daily work.
- Bachelor’s Degree with 6 years’ experience; Master’s Degree with 5 years’ experience; PhD with 0 years’ experience.
- Maximo, 5+ years – 7.6.09 version of Maximo
- Extensive knowledge in Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, 21 CFR Part 11 (Electronic Records and Electronic Signatures).
- Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members.
- Experience in the systems development, implementation, and operations of a large-scale, enterprise systems.
- System validation expertise at all stages of the Software Life Cycle.
- Maximo integration with other applications via Flat File, Direct Query, Web Services, Event Driven Architecture and APIs.
- Experience with interfacing Maximo to SAP systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be deliverables focused and detail oriented.
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills.
- Must have a strong customer focus.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.
Click Here To Apply