Job Title: Application Architect
Job Requisition Number: RC429519
Category: Information Technology
Pay Type: Exempt
Collierville, Tennessee 38017
Colorado Springs, Colorado 80921
Coraopolis, Pennsylvania 15108
Compensation: Monthly Salary $8436.26 – $12396
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range or starting rate of candidates hired in Colorado. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills, your remote work location (for remote postings), how many years of experience you have, and comparison to other employees already in this role.
Under limited supervision, define processes, and create project level architectures for specific applications. Working with business and data architects, evaluate products and projects to ensure congruency with strategic initiatives and industry trends. Provide technical advise to resolve production problems.
As a FedEx application architect, this position will focus on DevSecOps Platform and practices. You will play an important role in designing, building, automating and deploying scalable and secure cloud infrastructure. Our goal is to establish highly scalable, reliable, secure and easy-to adopt a Cloud Native Platform based on a blameless, continuous learning culture.
You will apply your deep technical expertise to solve cloud-based solutions at scale. You will lead the Enterprise Shipment team at FedEx through transforming our business with the combination of cultural philosophies, practices, and tools that deliver end-to-end applications and infrastructure solutions. In parallel, you will be a strategic member of the leadership team where you drive the DevOps vision for the organization.
Own the quality of DevOps architecture and design for Enterprise Shipment
- Fully and completely understand system inter-dependencies and limitations.
- Exert technical influence over multiple teams, increasing their productivity and effectiveness by sharing your deep knowledge and experience.
- Lead technical and design discussions to help teams speed their adoption of new technologies and practices.
- Serve as a thought leader and SME for DevOps industry trends, new and existing technology offerings, and architectural concepts.
- Design and implementation of scalable, secure and fault tolerant cloud platforms
- Maintain and build reusable Infrastructure as Code modules
- Make recommendations for future enhancements to the tooling estate
- Build and maintain cloud-based infrastructure monitoring and alerting solutions
- Collaborate with agile development teams to ensure the cloud infrastructure meets their needs
- Design and implement innovative solutions in line with FedEx’s multi-cloud strategy
- Support the platform that underpins business critical FedEx applications, troubleshoot incidents, and restore service within a timely manner.
- Provide out of hours support for any high priority issues
Abilities/Knowledge/Skills Considered a Plus:
- Experience with architecting and automating cloud native technologies, deploying applications, and provisioning infrastructure.
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code, using CloudFormation, Terraform, or other tools.
- Experience architecting cloud native CI/CD workflows and tools, such as Jenkins, Bamboo, TeamCity, Code Deploy and/or GitLab.
- Architectural leadership experience with microservices and distributed applications, such as containers, Kubernetes, and/or serverless technology.
- Experience with the full software development lifecycle and delivery using Agile practices.
- Understanding of infrastructure concepts (network, storage, OS, virtualisation, containerisation)
- Experience in scripting/programming languages (e.g. Bash, Java, Groovy)
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with key stakeholders with an appreciation of and focus on customer needs
- Cross-functional team work and strong communication skills
- Establishing relationships and maintaining contains with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Previous experience of managing cloud based Windows Clusters
- Previous experience of database support (SQL, Oracle, Datastax)
Domicile: This position will be domiciled in Collierville, Tennessee (Memphis area); Colorado Springs, Colorado; or Moon Township, Pennsylvania (Pittsburgh area).
Remote Work: The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need.
Relocation: Relocation assistance may be available based on business need.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirement.
Application Criteria: To be considered, please upload a copy of your current resume to include beginning and ending dates for each employer/position and answer job screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on Friday, October 8, 2021.
Employee Benefits: medical, dental, and vision insurance; paid Life and AD&D insurance; tuition reimbursement; paid sick leave; paid parental leave, paid vacation, paid military leave, and additional paid time off; geographic pay ranges; 401k with Company match and incentive bonus potential; sales Incentive compensation for selling roles.
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee, unless undue hardship or a direct threat would result from the accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact [email protected]
Click Here To Apply