Are you an EHS professional with experience managing and leading a team and the Health, Safety and Security program for a plant? Are you looking for a position where you would be working in a team environment and where you will achieve exceptional results doing exciting and challenging work? If you answered yes to these questions, you would want to explore this exciting position located near Henderson, KY.
Our client is a worldwide company and a global leader and producer of a wide variety of products and applications from packaging, building materials, aerospace, automotive and many others.
As the senior health and safety professional on-site. the primary responsibilities of the position are the following:
- This position is accountable for managing and directing the Health, Safety, and Security functions in the organization.
- Achieve an accident-free workplace through careful management of the HSE critical elements including policies and values, legal requirements, planning, implementation and operation, monitoring and measuring, management review and annual assessment.
- Accountable for the ISO 14001 and OSHA18001 compliance at the plant, which includes being knowledgeable in plantwide training, maintaining all ISO certifications, plant rescue, rapid response and all wellness programs
- Act as a catalyst for change, focusing on continuous improvement and using tools, such as Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing Principles, etc. to accomplish process improvement goals.
- The successful candidate will work/supervisor his/her supervisors ensuring that all personnel reporting to him/her achieve excellence in health, safety, and security.
The key qualifications for the position are the following:
- BS in EHS area or a scientific/engineering discipline, with knowledge in chemistry, environmental law, biology, or geology.
- Professional certification (CIH, CRSP, or CSP) is desirable.
- A minimum of 5-years of EHS experience in a heavy manufacturing plant
- Proven track record of successful federal, state and local compliance in air, water, hazardous and solid waste. Understands the permitting process and has successfully obtained permits.
- Proven record of building successful teams and working indirectly with others to accomplish difficult tasks. Teamwork is important to this client and successful candidate will be someone who understands how to create that culture.
Henderson, KY, United States of America
10/6/2021 5:58:01 PM