35-Exempt Contingent Category 2
Applicant Search Category:
University Authorized FTE:
AGNR-UME-Family and Consumer Sciences
Founded in 1856, University of Maryland, College Park is the state’s flagship institution. Our 1,250-acre College Park campus is just minutes away from Washington, D.C., and the nexus of the nation’s legislative, executive, and judicial centers of power. This unique proximity to business and technology leaders, federal departments and agencies, and a myriad of research entities, embassies, think tanks, cultural centers, and non-profit organizations is simply unparalleled. Synergistic opportunities for our faculty and students abound and are virtually limitless in the nation’s capital and surrounding areas. The University is committed to attracting and retaining outstanding and diverse faculty and staff that will enhance our stature of preeminence in our three missions of teaching, scholarship, and full engagement in our community, the state of Maryland, and in the world.
The University of Maryland has made the safety of our students, faculty and staff, and our surrounding communities a top priority. As part of that commitment, the University System of Maryland (USM) recently announced that students, faculty, and staff on USM campuses this fall, including UMD, are required to be vaccinated against COVID. As a prospective and/or a new employee at UMD, you will be required to comply with the University’s vaccination protocol. Proof of full vaccination will be required before the start of employment in order to work at any University of Maryland location. Prospective or new employees may seek a medical or religious exemption to the vaccination requirement at return.umd.edu and must have an approved exemption prior to the start of their employment. Failure to provide proof of vaccination or to obtain approval for a medical or religious exemption will result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Position Summary/Purpose of Position:
This is a 12-month, 1.0 FTE appointment to support the Farm Stress Management Team and is contingent on available funds. The position will facilitate activities for the University of Maryland Extension (UME) Program within the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources. This position works closely with the Co-PIs of the Farm Stress Management program, as well as UME faculty, staff and students providing technical and administrative support.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred in a business, communications, agriculture, environmental, natural resources, or related field. An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be substituted for the degree.
- Some experience providing administrative support and ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple and continuing assignments with general instructions.
- Ability and willingness to travel and work at statewide locations for collaborations and UME events.
- Fluent with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), contact management software, Adobe products, online meeting scheduling software, and other internet-based applications for program coordination.
- Experience using social media platforms such as Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
- Friendly disposition and able to interact effectively with internal and external parties in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written English. Ability to proofread and edit written documents.
- This position is subject to a Criminal History Record Check. Employment contingent upon successful completion and clearance of the Criminal History Record Check.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business, communications, agriculture, environmental, natural resources, or related field.
- Three years of experience in program coordination, marketing and/or business development in the context of a variety of outside partners.
- Track record of engaging in strategic planning, goal setting, and ongoing evaluation of progress toward project objectives
- Establish Farm Stress project work plans and calendars for Farm Stress Program administration. Provide materials, support, and information to faculty, staff, and clientele.
- Coordinate Farm Stress Program meetings and events, including the use of registration websites and calendar invitations.
- Prepare and edit correspondence, newsletters, forms, reports, signs, press releases, flyers, brochures, PowerPoint presentations.
- Market and promote the Farm Stress Program through the development and distribution of marketing materials, regular use of social media, and public relations outreach efforts.
- Assist with maintenance of the Farm Stress portion of the UME website.
- Establishes and maintains internal and external contacts as necessary.
- Organizes and manages Farm Stress Program files to ensure compliance with university and sponsor record retention policies and requirements, including information security.
- Follow up on all inquiries and forward information to the appropriate faculty member.
- Experience working with boards and committees, assisting with meeting preparation, taking accurate minutes, and assuring open communication with stakeholders.
- Provide financial-related support such as purchasing, paying bills, bookkeeping, budget preparation, tracking program finances, and financial document preparation.
- Assist with Farm Stress Program grant activities and deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
Salary & Benefits: Salary commensurate with education and experience. The University of Maryland offers an extensive benefit package.
Application: All candidates must apply online at https://ejobs.umd.edu for position #126619. A complete application packet includes a cover letter, resume, and three (3) professional references, including name, mailing address, telephone number, and e-mail address.
Not Applicable to This Position
Physical demands include handling boxes of paper; setting up for meetings (chairs and tables) and occasionally moving general boxes in the office. Able to lift at least 20 lbs.
Open Until Filled
Best Consideration Date
The University of Maryland, College Park, an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, creed, marital status, political affiliation, personal appearance, or on the basis of rights secured by the First Amendment, in all aspects of employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
Click Here To Apply