The Work Center Supervisor reports to the Assistant Director of Operations. Manages the Operations Analyst and the Work Center Coordinator. Performs a variety of tasks requiring the use of judgement, accuracy and diplomacy. Assists in the administration of campus events that include summer conferences, weddings, filming, administrative, faculty and student events.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES AND GOALS
- Retrieve, input and process event requests submitted by the client into Oxy Event Plan google document. Verifies that information submitted by the client is accurate and complete (i.e., reservation number, account number, diagram and any other pertinent information). Follow up with clients on any discrepancies before processing the work order. Communicates with a confirmation email to the client the event work order number and Facilities services for their event. Coordinates distribution of work order and site plan to the Facilities supervisor. Process event revisions, updates work order and event google documents
- Coordinate all Conference Services/summer groups needs/requirements for Facilities services. Process work requests for equipment rentals, linen needs (for residence halls).
- Responds by email to time sensitive event revisions submitted by the client; Maintains and updates revisions to the work order database and event document when revisions are submitted.
- Oversees billing and maintains accurate records on a spreadsheet for event late/support and residence hall damage fees; submits the fees to the Facilities work order database weekly including Athletic support fees.
- Verify that event labor has been entered in the work order system for every event processed. Follow up with the manager/supervisor if labor is missing.
- Prepares and generates annual work orders each fiscal year; prepare annual sheet, sends out to Facilities staff; Maintains annual spreadsheet and issues annual work order throughout the year if requested.
- Process new employee and employee relocation work orders upon direction from Assistant Director of Operations; sends out email confirmation work order to clients.
- Oversees all incoming work requests via email and online through Mainsaver. Audits work orders processed on a daily basis to ensure accuracy and all requests are processed in a timely manner
- Acts as liaison between Facilities managers/supervisors and clients for status requests on corrective work orders as needed.
- Acts as the back up to the Program Cost Analyst with processing purchase orders, invoices, statements, and any other related requests.
- Process lost key reports, work orders, billing and issuing of new keys.
- Conduct annual event labor reports after receiving direction from the Business Office (Conference Labor Report)
- Process all student lost key forms for off campus student facilities.
- Validates and posts labor for all bargaining unit employees, temporary employee.
- Trains and oversees student workers for the Work Center.
- When needed, act as backup for response to emergency and trouble calls, determining who should respond. Receives and responds to messages via radio system and distributes to appropriate persons. Issue work order and enter to Facilities dispatch document.
- When needed, assists at customer services counter. Provide general office support as needed on a daily basis.
- Assist Assistant Director of Operations with Special Events and CEAC Committee Meetings
- Assist the Assistant Director of Operations with monthly and annual reports to track Key Performance Indicators (Labor, Backlog, Completed Work Orders)
- Responsible for the cross training of all Work Center Staff
- Perform other duties as assigned or requested.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent required. Two year Associate Degree or office management desired.
Experience: 5 years general office practice. Computer experience preferred with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel) and Google Documents.
Ability: Must work accurately and effectively in a fast paced environment with no mistakes. Ability to work independently and use good judgment. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral. Exceptional organizational and time management skills with attention to detail.
Other: Occasional overtime. Valid CA drivers license. Maintain College’s designated driver status when required.
Please submit a resume and cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, breastfeeding or related medical condition, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic characteristic or information, military and veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. Occidental is strongly committed to increasing the diversity of the campus community and the curriculum, and to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and just environment within which students, staff, administrators, and faculty thrive. Candidates who can contribute to this goal through their work are encouraged to identify their strengths and experiences in this area. Individuals advancing the College’s strategic equity and justice goals and those from groups that are underrepresented in the field are particularly encouraged to apply. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. A comprehensive benefits package is available that includes: excellent health, dental, life, and retirement benefits; tuition benefits for the employee, spouse, domestic partner, and dependents; additional extras including use of gym facilities and the College Library. For a detailed description of benefits, please visit https://www.oxy.edu/offices-services/humanresources/benefits-information. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Occidental College is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualifying disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please contact Human Resources.
As a condition of hire for a staff position and for appointment to a faculty position, Occidental College requires that all candidates who have received a conditional offer of employment complete an application form (if they have not already done so) and consent to a background check. Satisfactory completion of a background check, along with pre-employment verifications and references are required as a condition of employment, but only as permitted by federal, state, and local law, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All members of our campus community (including all employees and students) are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19
- Associate (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Click Here To Apply