In this position you will learn to assist and perform preventative maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting of plant equipment. You will train and work with members of the maintenance department to keep equipment and facility running smoothly and safely. You will help with general clean-up and housekeeping of maintenance area, equipment and tools.
Come work with Tofurky! We are the Nation’s leading manufacturer of plant-based proteins and are looking for a growth-minded individual to join our team as a Maintenance Apprentice. In this position you will learn to assist and perform preventative maintenance, repairs and troubleshooting of plant equipment. You will train and work with members of the maintenance department to keep equipment and facility running smoothly and safely. You will help with general clean-up and housekeeping of maintenance area, equipment and tools. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to acquire the skills needed to grow into a knowledgeable maintenance technician.
In our stable and growing company, you’ll look forward to on-the-job training, great benefits and room for advancement. Your skills will be employed in either our new, state of the art processing facility on the waterfront or our iconic facility located in downtown Hood River, OR. We’d expect you to thrive in a dynamic environment, where hard work and having fun are respected and encouraged.
What you’ll do:
- Assist with preventative maintenance, maintenance repairs and troubleshooting of plant equipment within the areas of mechanical, electronic, hydraulic, and pneumatic systems.
- Troubleshoot electrical systems with ability to work up to 480 volt 3 phase circuitry.
- Interact with Vendors/Contractors during equipment installs and troubleshooting.
- Use tools such as basic hand tools, machine shop equipment, precision measuring instruments, Volt/Ohm meters, amp meters, cutting and welding equipment in a safe and effective manner.
- Complete assigned work orders and PM tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
- Work with members of the maintenance department to keep equipment and facility running smoothly and safely.
- Identify equipment improvement opportunities to increase operation effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Must be able to work independently and in multi-department teams.
- Present an open and friendly attitude toward all employees.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and adjust priorities.
- Safety first mindset.
What skills and education you’ll need:
- Possess a high school diploma or GED.
- Possess basic computer skills with a working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
What we’ll do:
We know you’re valuable and we’ll work hard to keep you challenged. The qualified candidate will receive:
- Competitive salary.
- 100% employer paid comprehensive medical and vision, 80% employer paid dental benefits.
- Auto-enrollment in Tofurky profit sharing program and eligibility for 401K contribution + match.
- Employer paid Term Life Insurance, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance.
- Company paid time off including holiday time.
How to apply:
Please submit resume (and cover letter) to [email protected] Please reference “Maintenance Apprentice” in the subject line.
The Tofurky Company values a diverse workforce. Women, people of color, people with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Tofurky Company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The Tofurky Company complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Location: 602 Anchor Way,Hood River OR 97031, Hood River, OR 97031
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply