Open until filled
Food Service Assistant – FSA I
.125 FTE (5.00 Hours Per Week)
Hourly Pay Range: $12.91 – $17.79
Click on the following link for a detailed job description: Food Service Assistant I
BOULDER VALLEY SCHOOL DISTRICT is committed to create challenging, meaningful, and engaging learning opportunities so that all children thrive and are prepared for successful, civically engaged lives. Our comprehensive and innovative approach to education ensures that each student meets expectations relative to intellectual growth, physical development and social emotional well-being. The district covers approximately 500 square miles and serves the communities of Boulder, Erie, Louisville, Lafayette, Superior, Broomfield, Nederland, Ward, Jamestown and Gold Hill. Website: BVSD.
The Food Service Assistant I, with the Kitchen Satellite Lead, assists in preparing salad bar setup and maintenance during service, service line set up and presentation of serving meals, and kitchen cleaning as part of maintaining a safe food production and service environment. Food Service Assistants are also responsible, as assigned, for recordkeeping of temperatures and production, inventory counting and cashiering duties including recording meal sales, record keeping, money collection and all other functions of QSP including processing advanced payments.
-Understands and is able to communicate the philosophy of the BVSD Food Services Program
-Assist in the proper reheating of main course items and side dishes
-Ensures the freshness of all prepared items
-Participates and maintains the cleanliness and sanitation of all kitchen, cafeteria and storage areas
-Participates in the meal service periods assigned either as server or cashier
-Assists in accurate inputting of all production and meal count data required for compliance with the National School Lunch Program
-Assists Kitchen Satellite Lead in accurate reporting of all sales
-Records and maintains temperature logs for equipment
- Completed and submitted BVSD online application
- Must pass post offer physical
- Must pass FS Online Training Assessment by completion of probationary period
- Must acquire a current Serve Safe certificate upon hire and every 5 years thereafter
- Must proficiently operate kitchen equipment within the probationary period
- Ability to lift 50 lbs on a frequent basis
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of one year experience in: Food Service Work
- Basic skills: personal computing, keyboarding and word processing; critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Proficient operation of QSP point of sale software system
- Understand and follow all HACCP Standard Operating Procedures
- Salary Placement varies according to experience and education.
Application and Selection Procedure:
- Apply on-line at http://bvsd.org (in-district transfers, be sure to include your BVSD employee number).
- If you do not have internet access, a computer is available in the Human Resources Division, Education Center, 6500 E. Arapahoe, Boulder, Colorado.
- Applications are reviewed to match candidates with position qualifications, with a limited number selected for interviews. For the final selection, employment is contingent upon successful completion of the post-offer screening process, including a background check and possible medical examination.
The Boulder Valley School District is an equal opportunity educational institution and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, sex, gender identity/expression, national origin, creed, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status in admission or access to, and treatment and employment in its educational programs or activities. Inquiries or complaints: BVSD Legal Counsel – 720-561-5903; Office for Civil Rights – http://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/list/ocr/addresses.html
Click Here To Apply