**$5,000 for no hospice experience –$7,500 for 1 year of hospice experience-Only for external candidates.
Hospice RN Case Manager
Monday-Friday 8a-5p with on call
Full Time Benefits
Day in the life of a hospice RN video:
Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, 401(k) Match, Disability Coverage, Paid Time Off/Holidays, Critical Care Coverage, Parental Leave, Annual Pay Raise and more!!
Perks of working in Home Health:
Monday-Friday schedules with call/weekend rotation
Care for a diverse patient population within your own community
Work independently & have the ability to work remotely
The Hospice Registered Nurse plans, organizes and directs home hospice care services, initiates, and implements care primarily in the patient’s home environment or hospice inpatient unit setting. The Hospice RN fulfills the role of skilled communicator, educator, leader and motivator. The Hospice RN ensures that high standards of patient care are met at all times.
Patient Care/Care Coordination
Ensures compassionate, empathetic quality and safe delivery of services to patients according to care plan.
- Consistently utilizes a patient-centered approach considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety and related criteria appropriate to the age of the patients served in hospice.
- Integrates and coordinates the care of the at-risk population across the healthcare continuum making assessments, planning interventions working closely with providers and overall patient care team.
- Facilitates the interdisciplinary plan of care to meet multiple service needs as well as promote continuity through elimination of fragmentation of care/service.
- Delivers quality care consistent with Hospice Conditions of Participation, qualifying hospice criteria, payer coverage criteria, and providing visits/treatments consistent with the plan of care to honor patient/ family values/ wishes
- Makes visits to the homes of patients and assumes responsibility for an ongoing interdisciplinary assessment of the patient.
- Performs initial, comprehensive, and recertification assessments on all patients in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Performs nursing assessment at each visit in accordance with agency policies and procedures.
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of services to patients according to the care plan.
- Uses equipment and supplies safely, effectively, and efficiently.
Provides education to patients and family members to understand the following as well as any additional education needs identified by the assessing clinician and/or physician
- Graduate of State Board approved program for Registered Nurses and valid license as RN in state(s) where providing care.
- One year of nursing experience caring for similar patient population as to be assigned.
- Valid licensed driver with automobile insurance in accordance with state(s) and/or organizational requirements.
- Mandatory Reporter: Child & Dependent Adult Abuse.
- Person Centered Care (PCC) course completion within first 12 months of hire and annual completion of competency validation activities.
- CPR: Maintain a valid Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Card with Re-certification.
- Basic knowledge of current, frequently used medications, including modes of administration, actions and side effects.
- Competency in variety of nursing skills and ability to perform without supervision (NPWT, complex wound care, IV therapy, catheter care, ostomy care, chronic disease management assessment and teaching).
Click Here To Apply