Silgan Containers is the largest producer of metal food packaging in the United States. Our reputation is based on a foundation of quality, excellence and unsurpassed technical expertise, enabling us to be a dedicated solutions-based partner to our customers. We currently have caeer opportunies available in our Lancaster, SC facility.
Job responsibilites will be:
- Services, sets up, operates, maintains, adjusts, makes size change overs, and overhauls high speed manufacturing machinery including stamping and forming presses.
- Runs manufacturing line to maximize production efficiency.
- Inspects to insure that product is produced to current standands.
- Has skills to diagnose mechanical and quality problems, determine necessary repairs and restore defective equipment to service.
- Effectively directs trainees, helpers, and other assigned employees.
- Prepares and maintains reports and records in relation to production, quality, efficiency and maintenance.
- Performs duties with regard to safety of self and other employees while exercising proper care and protection of company property.
- Strong Mechanical Aptitude.
- Experience as a mechanic repairing and troubleshooting mechanical machinery.
- Ability to read and comprehend blueprints and drawings, handbooks, specifications, equipment manuals, parts list and other written material as associated with the job.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools, micrometers, dials indicators, vernier calipers, can mircrometers, and other precision measuring instruments, gauges and tools used on the job.
- Has or will provide a complete set of mechanics hand tools associated with the job.
- Must pass Silgan Containers Corporation Can LIne Mechanic test.
- Technical or Vocational training preferred.
- Competitive wages and benefits, $20- $24 per hour DOE.
- Medical Insurane, HSA, 401K, Life Insurance, Vacation.
- Advancement Opportunies. We promote from within.
Click Here To Apply