Administer and contribute to the design and development of HMSA’s corporate compensation philosophy, strategy, and employee salary administration programs. Evaluate and analyze job descriptions to determine appropriate salary grade assignment and FLSA exemption status. Consult management on employee compensation strategies and assists in strategic job development. Conduct specialized compensation and benefit research and analysis to determine HMSA’s competitive market position regarding our total compensation package. Develop proposals and make recommendations regarding job and compensation strategies and employee salary administration programs. Provide education and training for Management, employees, HR and the compensation unit.
Duties and Responsibilities
Job Description Evaluation:
- Reviews job evaluation request for new or revised job descriptions to determine appropriate salary grade assignment and FLSA exemption status.
- Reviews job description content, evaluation questionnaires and job equity guidelines to ensure evaluation methodology and criteria are applied consistently and objectively.
- Asks clarifying questions and conducts desk audits to understand and appraise job functions, evaluates and recommends appropriate salary grade level utilizing job evaluation criteria and available salary market data.
- Reviews the job qualification requirements to ensure appropriate alignment with comparable jobs and to meet legal and compliance considerations.
- Reviews the job description with the hiring manager and makes recommended content revisions for alignment prior to job recruitment and posting.
- Establishes and maintains job codes and related attributes in ADP database. Maintains library of job descriptions.
Research and Analysis:
- Conducts specialized compensation and benefit research and analysis to assist HR management in determining HMSA’s total compensation competitive market strategy, as aligned with corporate strategy.
- Proactively conducts compensation and benefit audits, develop surveys to external organizations and BCBS plans nationwide to gather data and determine trends. Develop recommendation to HR and senior management staff on new initiatives.
- Serves as a resource for HR management and staff to determine company policies, procedures and practices. Evaluates and analyzes current HR policies, practices, and/or programs related to compensation and benefits. Researches, develops new or revises existing HR-related policies, practices, or programs.
- Keeps current with federal and state labor laws. Assess and analyzes legislation impacting HR to ensure compliance. Researches wage and hour, and labor-related issues ensuring compliance with legal guidelines regulating compensation practices, i.e., FLSA, AAP/EEO.
- Maintains integrity and validates job data, creates ad hoc and audit reports as needed to support information requests and is responsible for protecting confidential job grade and salary data.
- Develops employee and compensation data reports utilizing query and report tools delivered with HR/Payroll system.
Compensation Strategy and Strategic Job Development:
- Consult and partner with management on the development of employee compensation strategies and strategic job development.
- Partners with management to develop employee compensation and career development strategies and plans.
- Assists in the design and development of strategic jobs in alignment and furtherance of the unit/department/corporate vision.
- Consults and leads equity initiatives.
Salary Administration/Market Evaluation:
- Develops proposals and makes recommendations regarding relevant job and compensation strategies and employee salary administration programs.
- Reviews salary administration guidelines, salary structure and merit increase matrix guideline. Perform data and salary planning cost analysis to propose change recommendations.
- Develops recommendations to adjust salary structure and implements new guidelines to maintain market competitiveness.
- Designs, develops and conducts internal salary equity studies within the organization and implements aligned changes.
- Reviews proposed salary actions to ensure conformance with established guidelines and policies. Advises managers and supervisors on compensation action plans for employees.
- Oversees and conducts salary survey analysis to ensure HMSA’s salary information is reported accurately and that results are factored appropriately into HR’s salary adjustment proposals and recommendations.
Training and Development:
- Provides training and guidance to Compensation Analyst, HR Staff, employees and HMSA management on all components of compensation (including strategy and philosophy).
- Revises procedures based on data system technology upgrades and maintains procedure manuals.
- Develops training programs and tools.
- Reviews and analyzes workflow and procedures to maintain efficiency and avoid duplication of efforts.
- Develops and maintains presentation materials, prepares compensation and salary guideline communications for use in management training sessions, and training resources (i.e., corporate intranet).
- Adapts and drafts educational and communication material, and customizes and presents content for selected audience group
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned or directed
Exempt or Non-Exempt
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) and three (3) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Including but not limited to Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply