- The Training Agent is accountable for the achievement of Insurance Company sales and marketing objectives for their territory.
- The Training Agent is charged to deliver high quality service to customers while maintaining working relationships with home office and counties that are positive and productive.
- The Training Agent at GFB provides resources to customers to help them choose policies and solutions that fit their needs.
- The Training Agent works to become fluent in all major lines needed by their customers such as farm, homeowner, auto, life insurance, and banking products.
- The Training Agent is also involved with prospecting and seeking new customers and memberships.
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Selling various types of policies to individual customers and businesses on behalf of Georgia Farm Bureau and our Brokerage partners; includes farm, crop, automobile, homeowners, commercial, life, medical, and dental insurance.
- Calling on customers to deliver and explain policies, to analyze insurance programs, and to suggest additions or changes, or to change beneficiaries.
- Seek out new customers and develop membership by networking within the county to find new customers and generate prospective clients.
- Ensure that policy requirements, documentation, and support services are completed, including service and paperwork as needed.
- Inspect or re-inspect properties, examining general condition, construction, age, insurance-to-value, and other risk characteristics; making appropriate corrective or remedial actions based on findings.
- Contribute to local advertising, promotion, and brand awareness within the community of both GFB and GFBMIC, including active community involvement.
- Active involvement in the continuous development of professional skills.
- Contribute to the maintenance of positive and effective working relationships between county office and home office.
- Delivery of sales, loss ratio, and retention results in line with agency and agent objectives
- Delivery of essential member services such as insurance reviews to membership within the county.
- Must perform at production levels outlined in corporate, district, agency business plans, and validation agreement.
- Computer skills and abilities are necessary.
- Development of skills and knowledge of product lines and offered services. EOE M/F/D/V AA
QUALIFICATION, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Some college preferred; high school diploma or GED required.
- This position will require valid Georgia Property/Casualty and Life/Health insurance licenses. In order to be qualified to apply, interested applicants must provide copies of certificates showing that they have passed the required examinations. Applicants should also be pursuing licensing through the Georgia Department of Insurance. If an applicant is hired based on the passing certificates and then fails to obtain a license in a reasonable amount of time, they may be terminated.
- Must have a valid Georgia driver’s license.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, or skills required of personnel so classified.
Click Here To Apply