Who We Are:
At PEMCO it’s all about people, starting with our customers. We’re a mutual insurance company owned by our Northwest policyholders and protecting their dreams since 1949. We believe in listening to our customers and showing that we understand them in ways that others don’t.
Why We Need You:
PEMCO has a dynamic and challenging opportunity for a Claims Adjuster, Auto Liability to join our community. In this role, you will be responsible for intermediate-level claims adjusting that provides outstanding service to all customers while thoroughly investigating, evaluating, negotiating auto liability claims without bodily injury. If you want to be empowered to make a difference in the lives of customers, coworkers, and the community, we’d love to chat with you about this role.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Investigate loss facts promptly, including the gathering of physical evidence, to make accurate and timely liability decisions with guidance.
- Accurately interpret coverage using intermediate level contract, regulatory, and compliance knowledge, following company file handling procedures.
- Translate liability and damage evaluations into meaningful negotiation plans.
- Occasional CAT duty as needed
- Effectively manage fluctuating workload, with moderate supervision, while maintaining focus on claims quality and customer experience.
- Collaborate with other internal departments in recognizing and referring claims involving SIU, subrogation, and salvage.
- Build rapport with policyholders, customers, agents, carriers, attorneys, vendors, contractors, and repair technicians to facilitate prompt and accurate claim resolution.
- Apply case and statutory law in the proactive adjustment of low to moderately complex auto liability claims.
- Issue timely claims payments with a low to moderate level of claims payment authority; present files outside of authority level for review and approval.
- Demonstrate behaviors consistent with PEMCO’s policies, values, code of ethics, and business conduct.
- Authentically support the PEMCO Brand and constantly are on the lookout for top talent to join us to achieve our Mission to Worry Less and Live More.
- Other duties as assigned.
What You’ll Bring:
- B.A. or B.S. degree or equivalent work experience (business or related field)
- 3 years of experience in claims roles, including prior experience with low to moderately complex liability claims is required
- Insurance industry designations or certifications
- Job-specific: Beginner proficiency in Auto Physical Damage appraising and estimating software is required
- MS Office: Skilled proficiency in Excel, Word, Outlook is required
- Job-specific: Valid driver’s license and a good driving record is required
- Job-specific: Beginner proficiency in Auto Physical Damage industry, vehicles, and vehicle repairs is required
- Job-specific: Advanced knowledge of property insurance policies, endorsements, and case law is required
- Customer First: Has a relentless focus on the customer and dives deep into the challenges they face with a strong customer service orientation
- Compliance: Possesses knowledge and understanding of relevant laws, rules, and regulations
What We Value:
PEMCO has identified the below competencies as critical for employees and the future of our business. The competencies are intended to define skills or abilities expected of our employees, behaviors which employees can develop, and be evaluated against in their job. Proficiency levels include Beginner, Skilled, Advanced, and Mastery. Not every employee is expected to master every competency. Instead, we expect that employees will build skills in these areas as they progress through their roles and career at PEMCO.
Agility : Handles risk and uncertainty, shifts gears with ease and speed, copes with and manages change well
Growth Mindset: Develops abilities through dedication and hard work, views challenges and failures as opportunities to learn and improve skills
Service Passion: Provides excellent service to others and seeks ways to improve that service; ensures the customer experience (internal and external) is a key consideration in policies, procedures, and decision-making
Complex Problem Solving: Solves ill-defined, ambiguous problems in complex settings using logic, process, and experience
We’ve Got You Covered:
- Competitive salary
- 200% match on your 401(k) up to 6% of your pay
- Generous medical, dental, disability, and life insurance plans
- A friendly, professional work environment
- The opportunity to work at a place of integrity, where customer service is emphasized
At PEMCO, we celebrate and support our differences. We know employing a team rich in diverse thoughts, experiences, and opinions allows our employees, our products, and our community to flourish. PEMCO is honored to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are dedicated to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Click Here To Apply