DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interview credit applicants and determine borrowing requirements. Obtain complete application and analyze financial information. Conduct credit investigation. Provide credit approval (subject to appraisal and other key conditions) within credit approval authority and automated underwriting guidelines.
- Identify and develop relationships with potential new customers. Maintain and develop an ongoing relationship with current customer base. Continuously project an image of professionalism and concern in dealings with the public. Promote Glacier Bank loan programs to best meet goals.
- Cross sell DDA accounts on all loans/lines of credit.
- Work closely with loan processor as a team to efficiently close all loans in a timely manner with proper documentation. Work with loan processor to ensure that all disclosures reports, financial statements, tax returns, title insurance commitments and appraisals are reviewed prior to closings.
- Respond to any audit reports and keep current with all lending and collections (federal and state) regulations. It is extremely important to First State Bank that we meet all compliance regulations.
- Check loan documents and modification agreements for accuracy prior to closing loans.
- Meet all requirements under RESPA. Respond to any audit reports and keep current with all lending (federal and state) regulations.
- Cross sell online banking and e-statements when closing loans.
- Participate in Community Service and Bank-sponsored activities that serve and support the mission and values of First State Bank.
- Provide superior internal and external customer service: must demonstrate self-governance, courtesy and respect toward external customers as well as internal customers (all organization personnel).
- Complete required bank and BVS training courses within assigned time frame(s).
- All employees are accountable for compliance with applicable laws and regulations when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to participate in required training to become familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements, including but not limited to, the Bank Secrecy Act, the Patriot Act, and the Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- Represent First State Bank in a professional manner which includes a professional image, confidentiality, a positive “can-do” attitude, good attendance, punctuality, flexibility and adaptability in meeting bank and customer needs. Keep work area tidy and maintain customer privacy.
- Additional duties as requested or assigned.
- Previous lending experience and/or education preferred.
- High degree of attention to detail as well as excellent organizational skill(s) to perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have ability to prioritize and organize heavy workload(s) and demonstrate effective time management skill(s).
- Must have the ability to work in a professional manner and consistently demonstrate courtesy, customer service, and tact in a fast-paced/deadlines-oriented environment.
- Ability to work quickly and accurately: perform effectively under pressure; meeting multiple and sometimes competing deadlines and make decisions based on regulation(s), company policy(s), knowledge and experience.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to understand and follow complex written and oral instructions.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skill with working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheets, ten-key, and general computer applications.
- Working knowledge of standard office equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Three to five years experience as a lender.
- A moderate level of banking knowledge desired.
- College degree
Physical Demands and Work Environment
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Must be able to routinely perform work indoors in climate-controlled sharedwork area with moderate noise level.
Must be capable of occasional travel (less than 10 days per year) by automobile (as driverand passenger), commercial airlines, rental vehicles and public transporation and be able to lodge in public facilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is often required to: sit; use hands in repetitive motions to finger, grasp, handle or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to: stand; walk; and lift or reach with hands and arms.
Must be able to operate routine office equipment including computer terminals and keyboards, telephones, copiers, facsimiles, and calculators. Must be able to routinely perform work on computer for an average of 6-8 hours per day, when necessary. Must be able to work extended hours or travel off site whenever required or requested by management. Must be capable of regular, reliable and timely attendance. Must be capable of climbing / descending stairs in an emergency situation.
Specific lifting abilities required by this job include: Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include: The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation/inspection of machines and/or using measurement devices at distances close to the eyes.
What We Offer:
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Salary is dependent upon relevant experience. We offer an extensive benefits package that includes, but is not limited to, flexible health coverage options: medical/dental/vision (partially employer paid with competitive premiums), health rewards program, possible employer contribution to a Health Savings Account, Employee Assistance Program (EAP); life insurance; 401K retirement plan with immediate vesting (up to 3% employer match, 3% automatic employer contribution, and profit sharing); discounted banking products and services; paid vacation/sick days, and paid holidays.
COMPANY OVERVIEW: At Glacier Bancorp, our employees are our most valuable asset. We seek qualified individuals who enjoy people, are innovative and eager to learn. We are dedicated to providing opportunities for personal advancement and professional growth by investing in the tools and training needed to build a personalized career path for you.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. is a regional bank holding company headquartered in Kalispell, Montana with assets greater than $12 billion, operating in numerous community bank divisions across 8 states (Montana, Idaho, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, Colorado, Arizona and Nevada). We pursue a community banking philosophy, emphasizing personalized service combined with the full resources of a large banking organization. Over the years, Glacier Bancorp has received numerous awards for stability and soundness, and has repeatedly ranked among the top 10% in the nation for financial strength.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and qualified applicants or employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, mental or physical disability, age, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Glacier Bancorp, Inc. does not sponsor applicants for work visas. All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the US.
No Recruiters or unsolicited agency referrals please.
Click Here To Apply