The California Endowment is committed to complementing its grantmaking to utilize its investment capacity in alignment with its mission and values.
Through our $250 million commitment to impact investing, we seek to use our power as investors to provide strategic capital that lifts-up vulnerable and disinvested communities in California and supports a world where capital is aligned with our mission and values. Our Impact Investing toolkit includes Program-Related Investments (PRIs) and Mission-Related Investments (MRIs).
TCE’s $200MM commitment to PRIs is deployed as flexible, often below market-rate loans that generate social impact. TCE’s $50MM commitment to MRIs are deployed as investments that are aligned with TCE’s mission and values and generate market level rates of return. We have a commitment to advance racial equity across our entire Impact Investing program.
The Impact Analyst has significant responsibilities on the Impact Investing team. Key responsibilities include portfolio management of the growing PRI portfolio, leading operations and back office for the Impact Investing portfolio, supporting underwriting and due diligence for PRIs, and helping to deepen our commitments to racial equity and impact for the communities we serve. This position will report to the Program Related Investments Manager on the team.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Manages compliance for active PRI borrowers (payments, reporting and covenant compliance, etc.).
- Leads portfolio management duties for PRIs (capital draws, annual reviews, amendments, modifications, waivers, etc.).
- Maintains operations and back office functions, including technology and software.
- Reviews, consolidates, and summarizes borrower social impact reporting.
- Supports PRIs and MRIs through conducting due diligence (document review, underwriting, financial analysis/modeling, etc.) .
- Ensures a high degree of accuracy for all information provided to internal and external stakeholders.
- Prepares quarterly board reports and other documents for the team and management.
- Experience underwriting and evaluating debt transactions to intermediaries using CAMELS analysis (financial statement analysis).
- Commitment to TCE’s mission and values and advancing racial equity.
- Attention to detail.
- Must be a self-starter – able to work independently and effectively as part of a team.
- Excellent written communication skills.
- Familiarity with impact investing/community development/finance.
- Occasional travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Five to seven years’ managing portfolio of debt investments (through capital calls, amortization schedules, P&I payments, waivers, consents, etc.).
Application Process: Please provide your resume and cover letter.
Apply at: https://calendow.betterteam.com
About The California Endowment:
The California Endowment is a private, statewide health foundation established in 1996 whose mission is to expand access to affordable, quality health care for underserved individuals and communities, and to promote fundamental improvements in the health status of all Californians. We’re changing the narrative around health to ensure health and justice for all. And each day we, along with our community partners, seek ways to improve the state of health in California. Headquartered in downtown Los Angeles, we have regional offices in Sacramento, Oakland, Fresno and San Diego, with program staff working throughout the state. We challenge the conventional wisdom that medical settings and individual choices are solely responsible for people’s health. Instead, we believe that health happens in neighborhoods, schools and with prevention. For more information on the Endowment, please visit www.calendow.org.
Click Here To Apply