Cares for the residents under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or a LPN/LVN. This position reports to the Director of Nursing.
- Takes and records vital signs.
- Measures and records height and weight. Calculates and records fluid intake and output.
- Recognizes abnormal changes in body functioning and the importance of reporting such changes to a supervisor.
- Provides assistance as needed with medication reminders, bathing, grooming, dressing, escort service, and other activities of daily living.
- Transfers, positions and turns residents.
- Provides skin care
- Contributes to the resident’s assessment and the plan of care
- Provides nursing rehabilitation/restorative nursing services
- Cares for residents with dementia.
- Follows the schedule of resident’s needs set out by supervisor.
- Provides emotional and social support to residents.
- Promotes and protects resident rights, assists residents to make informed decisions, treats residents with dignity and respect, protects resident’s personal belongings, reports suspected abuse or neglect, avoids the need for physical restraints in accordance with the current professional standards and, supports independent expression, choice and decision-making consistent with applicable law and regulation.
- Informs supervisor of any resident issues or concerns.
- Respect and encourage the independence and dignity of the residents.
- Respects residents’ confidentiality.
- Is familiar with emergency equipment and procedures.
- Understands duties during a fire drill and is familiar with evacuation plan.
- Attends all required training, in-service, and staff meetings
- Strives to maintain a safe working environment through the prevention of accidents, the preservation of equipment, and the achievement of safe working practices.
- Maintains a positive and professional demeanor toward residents, visitors, families, and co-workers.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures of Senior Lifestyle Corporation
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- A High School Diploma or General Education Degree; or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Requires a CNA licensure
Benefits Description: Senior Lifestyle offers a comprehensive benefits plan to eligible team members including health, dental, vision, retirement benefits, short-term disability, long-term disability, and paid time off. Team members may also be eligible to receive a bonus based on their position. All Senior Lifestyle positions are eligible to use DailyPay, an application that allows you to access your earned but unpaid wages before your next payday.
Click Here To Apply