Utilization Management Intake Specialist
Have you ever wondered why it takes so long for insurance to process requests for coverage? Healthcare shouldn’t be as confusing as it is today. We want to bring healthcare into the 21st century. That will take some work — are you up for the challenge?
We are looking for a Utilization Management Intake Specialist to process prior authorization intakes, and add information to our database from paper documents. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail. Understanding of data confidentiality principles is compulsory.
Available shifts include:
-Sunday – Thursday, 8 am – 4:30 pm Mountain Time
You will work fully remote/ from home.
- Processing prior authorization rules based on documented guidelines
- Determining whether a prior authorization is complete with appropriate billing/coding requirements and supporting documents
- Transferring medical data from paper formats into computer files or database systems
- Typing in data provided directly from customers
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Proven experience in medical coding and/or reviewing medical records (ICD 10, CPT, etc)
- Experience working with Prior Authorization requests
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel, etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills
- Great attention to detail
- High school degree or equivalent
Working from home requirements:
- 10Mbps download, 1Mbps upload. You can test your speeds on speedtest.net
- Secluded workspace – during work hours you will need to have a private work area that is not accessed by any other members of the home
We offer all employees competitive, data-driven compensation, stock options and generous benefits (which begin on your first day of employment).
OODA Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This means we believe:
- Discrimination and harassment have no place at OODA, including in our hiring practices or in opportunities you could have while working here. At all, but particularly when based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, pregnancy, family status, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state or local law.
- Equal pay for equal work is a given.
- All people, especially BIPOC, deserve a fair chance. So we consider all qualified applicants in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
- Diverse teams produce better outcomes, and diverse companies provide richer employee experiences. So we encourage people from all backgrounds to apply.
All offers of employment are contingent on successfully passing a background check.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Prior Authorization: 1 year (Required)
- Computer Skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- Fully Remote
Click Here To Apply