Gowning and dynamic company within the healthcare sector is looking to hire MULTIPLE Activities Coordinator ‘s that come from the retirement, hospice, homecare, or senior assisted living environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Designs and conducts activities for residents that encourage continued social functioning and continued independence in activities of daily.
2. Ensures activities include:
a. Socialization ? which encourages interaction among residents; e.g. Reminiscence group discussions, current events, bingo, arts &crafts, period music and care of pets.
b. Daily Living Skills- which maintain independent functioning; e.g. walks in the building, morning and afternoon snacks, breakfast out & lunch out.
c. Leisure Time Activities ? which encourages personal interests and involvement with other residents; e.g. card games, bowling, movie matinees and gardening.
d. Physical Activities- which develop and maintain strength, coordination and range of motion e.g. Velcro games, dancing and exercise.
e. Education- which include continued learning and interest; e.g. police/fire department safety lectures, travel presentations and bible study.
f. Community Centered Activities- which include:
1. Worship?Attendance at the place of worship of the resident?s choice.
2. Service?Involvement in activities to improve the community.
3. Community Events?Such as concerts, tours and plays.
4. Community Organized Group Activities?Such as local senior center activities.
g. Free Time- so residents may engage in activities of their own choosing.
3. Serves as a backup to the Office Manager and Receptionist.
1. At least 18 years of age.
2. At least one year of related experience.
3. Able to pass a physical exam and criminal record review.
4. Current training in Basic First Aid and CPR.
Special Skills Needed to Perform the Job:
1. Have the personal characteristics, physical energy and competence to work effectively with older residents, families and staff
Apply for this great position as a activities coordinator – healthcare – massive expansion today! For immediate consideration please call the AppleOne Bunker Hill Downtown LA Office and ask for Azuri Ross. AppleOne is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pursuant to applicable state and municipal Fair Chance Laws and Ordinances, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Click Here To Apply