The Certified Nurse Assistant will provide basic patient care under direction of nursing staff. This involves performing duties such as feeding, bathing, dressing, grooming, and/or moving patients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs patient care responsibilities considering needs specific to the standard of care for patient’s age.
- Provides care appropriate to condition and age of patient, including pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Provides patient care that meets the psychosocial and physical needs of the patient within the CNA’s scope of practice.
- Assists with patient admissions, discharge and transfers.
- Provides care which may include bed bath, shower, whirlpool, oral hygiene, combing hair, back care, dressing patients, changing bed linen, cleaning overbed table and bedside stand, straightening room and other general care as necessary throughout the shift.
- Provides care which includes hands/face washing as needed, oral hygiene, back rubs, peri-care, freshening linen, cleaning overbed tables, straightening room and other general care as needed.
- Provides general nursing care such as positioning patients, lifting and turning patients, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting in use of bedpan, commode and ambulating patients.
- Prepares patients for meals; serves and removes food trays and assists with meals or feeds patients if necessary.
- Distributes drinking water and snacks to patients as applicable.
- Answers patients’ call lights, anticipates patients’ needs and makes rounds of assigned patients.
- Reports patient complaint of pain to supervising RN.
- Observes patient’s mental and physical conditions, reports any changes to supervising RN.
- Knowledgeable of sterile techniques and infection prevention and control procedures.
- Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
- Communicates in a clear and concise manner to RNs and medical staff.
- Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Documentation meets current standards and policies.
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of practice.
- The individual must support the mission, vision, and goals of First Physicians and serve as a role model within the company.
- Exhibit positive customer service behavior in every day work interactions.
- Demonstrate a courteous and respectful attitude to internal workforce and external customers.
- Communicate accurately and appropriately.
- Handle difficult situations in a discreet and professional manner.
- Hold self-accountable for professional practice.
- Interact and cope effectively with diverse populations in stressful situations resulting from trauma and illness.
- Participate in performance improvement activities utilizing principles to support and improve patient care.
- Demonstrate knowledge of unit goals and is active in committees and projects to achieve these goals.
- Keep current with literature regarding changing practices, interventions and best practices in patient care.
- Assume responsibility for seeking out educational and professional opportunities for personal learning needs and growth as well as meeting mandatory education requirements.
- Act as a preceptor as requested.
- Demonstrate excellent work attendance and attend and actively participate in a variety of meetings and training sessions as required.
- Adhere to the First Physicians Code of Conduct and Behavior Standards. Complies with established policies and procedures and all health and safety requirements.
- High School Graduate or GED
- Prefer one (1) year experience
- Current CNA certification in the state of Oklahoma
- Current BLS (or obtained within 30 days)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Such accommodations must be requested by the employee/applicant to be considered.
- This job requires visual abilities, auditory abilities, must be intact to perform duties.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $13.00 – $16.00 per hour
- 12 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CNA (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply