Job Title: Nurse Residency Night – Omaha Job Code: 550088
Immediate Supervisor: Nurse Education and Support Services Manager
Status: Non- Exempt
At Madonna, we combine heartfelt hospitality with incomparable innovation and education. Our clinical expertise, world-class research and state of the art equipment empower us to help all patients, even those whose diagnoses pose the most complex challenges. Our investment in the exceptional talent, groundbreaking technology and progressive treatments is changing the face of rehabilitation!
Other hospitals treat patients, we change lives! Madonna Miracles and breakthrough moments happen every day; when patients who could not previously walk or speak independently, joyfully celebrate when they hear: “Now You Can!”
We are excited about the opportunity to partner with individuals who wish to enter health care! Now is the opportunity to be a part of something meaningful!
DEPARTMENT DEPARTMENT FUNCTION/JOB OVERVIEW
Designed to be a short-term placement to enhance rehabilitation knowledge and experience while pending RN licensure. Responsible for understanding and implementing the patient care plan and to deliver quality care within the clinical services systems under the direction from a licensed nurse and according to Madonna’s philosophy and mission. Responsible for reporting adverse patient condition changes to licensed nurse. Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the mission and values for the department and facility.
- Understand and utilize individual job description, program and facility policies and operational definitions to ensure quality care delivery.
- Compile and coordinate patient care information to meet program and patient goals.
- Compute, compare, and document patient care data to provide accurate information for the medical record.
- Properly charge patients for billable supplies to ensure accurate billing.
- Communicate (speak-signal) with licensed nurse and other nursing staff members, regarding patient condition, changes, concerns, patient goals achieved to ensure quality service delivery.
- Serve/attend to the direct care needs of patients and families including transfers, ambulation, repositioning and transporting.
- Communicate to patient, family and co-workers in a respectful manner to maintain a positive customer oriented approach.
- Receive directions from a licensed nurse for patient plan of care in order to meet patient’s goals.
- Follow instruction from supervisor and/or licensed nurse to perform other functions as assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department and clinical services systems.
- Maintain and ensure a safe environment for the department. Handle and operate all necessary equipment and perform required duties according to established safety standards to maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
Medical devices used in work, include but not limited to:
stethoscope/sphygmomanometer trauma tub
transfer/repositioning devices bed scale
Oral/Tympanic thermometer telephone
tub chair lift paging device
beds, wheelchairs, stretchers
digital wheelchair/standing scale
Workstation on Wheels (WOW)
- Stock and reorder supplies.
- Ensure cleanliness of equipment and environment.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
Medium work with frequent lifting. Manual patient transfer or reposition which does not exceed the equivalent of 35 pounds of force to lift, push or pull. Requires sufficient strength to produce 50 pounds of force to push a wheelchair with a 300-pound individual on level surfaces. Constant walking with maximum duration of up 30 minutes sustained walking on tile, carpet and other surfaces. Must tolerate frequent standing with sustained periods of up to 1 hour on tile, carpet, and shower surfaces. Must tolerate frequent sitting with sustained periods of up to 1 hour. Frequent reaching with both arms at low, waist, and high levels. Frequent grasping of both hands for transfers and repositioning requiring normal grip strength based on national averages. Frequent stooping, bending, and twisting are required for patient care. Constant near visual acuity to evaluate and monitor patients. Ordinary hearing and speaking skills. May be exposed to biohazardous materials.
QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training and/or Experience)
Successful completion of an accredited RN program. Successful completion of CPR for Health Care Provider/CPR for Professional Rescuer.
Background checking is conducted on applicants for this position with the agencies as required by Nebraska State regulations, in addition to any other agencies as determined by Madonna. Applicants must sign authorization forms (when required by the agency) to release information to Madonna.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY: Madonna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
NOW YOU CAN:
Turn your work into your life’s mission. See first-hand impact on members and their families. Learn new skills and advance your career. Love your job and your team. Go home at the end of the day knowing that you have made a difference!
EXAMPLES OF HOPE & HEALING – FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/Madonna.Rehabilitation.Hospitals/
VIRTUAL TOUR: https://www.madonna.org/our-locations/omaha-campus.
Click Here To Apply