What’s in it for you?
In this role, you will report to the Associate Director, Real Estate & Workplace and provide laboratory and facility site services at the Mersana offices. As such, you will be responsible for the physical lab space and coordinate with the EHS, IT, and Research teams to ensure labs are efficient, tidy, well-stocked, and most importantly, safe. You will:
- Closely manage all lab equipment, including but not limited to: Coordinating scheduled/unscheduled maintenance requests, monitoring equipment health, ordering and replacing consumable parts, monitoring freezer sensor output, regular freezer maintenance, commission/decommission hoods and safety cabinets, disposing of old equipment
- Coordinate with finance to support asset management efforts
- Manage lab vendors including but not limited to: Lab coats, dry ice, laboratory gases (compressed and bulk), annual pipette calibration, repair contractors, lab cleaning, and maintenance agreements and contractors
- Order, receive, and distribute general lab supplies and track stock levels
- Partner with Procurement team for capital equipment orders to ensure compatibility, budget, and space requirements are met & coordinate delivery of large items as well as to negotiate discounts for bulk orders
- Coordinate with EHS consultant to ensure that EHS policies are being followed by all personnel, including contractors and vendors
- Maintain chemical inventories, chemical disposal paperwork, and Safety Datasheets in ChemInventory
- Lead monthly inspection process and semi-annual lab cleanouts
- Coordinate with IT to establish inventory tracking, asset tracking, and other laboratory information systems
- Manage shipment of samples to CROs and CMOs
- Manage capital budget for the R&D group
How do you know you’re the right fit?
- You are a strategic self-starter that takes initiative to continuously improve processes for ongoing efficiency of the R&D department and therefore, the company as a whole.
The other stuff
This is typically a role best suited for Bachelors’ level candidates (preferred) in Biology, Chemistry, Facilities, Engineering, Business, or related field, who possess 3-5+ years of experience in a pharmaceutical/biotechnology setting (associate degree candidates possessing relevant work experience will also be considered), plus:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to lift and move heavy objects safely
- Excellent communication, organizational and project management skills
- Knowledge of local, state and federal applicable regulations related to lab and facility services
Position is eligible for bonus, option awards and benefits including medical, dental and life insurance, 401(k) participation, vacation, and paid holidays.
Successful candidate must be authorized to work in the United States.
Mersana Therapeutics, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Click Here To Apply