Eden Senior Care, founded in 2016, is a growing Healthcare Management company, focused on managing and operating Skilled Nursing, Rehabilitation and Assisted Living communities in Minnesota & Wisconsin. Our mission with each community is to support their success by providing strong leadership, corporate support, and the resources and tools to realize their goals. Eden promotes and encourages the success of each of its employees and values the individual experience of its guests and their families.
Position: Maintenance Technician
The Woods of Caledonia is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician to assist the daily maintenance functions along with the driving responsibilities of taking the residents to and from appointments. This individual would be working 32 to 40 hours a week and would be working under the Maintenance Director. May also included a small amount of transportation, but mainly maintenance.
The right candidate will ensure the facilities’ equipment and utilities are maintained in good working order and facility grounds are properly maintained.
Essential Functions of the job:
- Proficiency in basic carpentry, painting, electrical, plumbing and landscaping
- Must demonstrate the ability to work responsibly as a team member as well as an individual
- Must have compassion for and desire to work with the elderly
- Must be able to communicate effectively with residents, families, staff, vendors and the general public
- Must be honest, fair, dependable, respect confidentiality and the rights and privacy of others
- Knowledge of building codes and rules and regulation regarding the operation of plant equipment.
- Knowledge of HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems.
- Knowledge of OSHA and other safety requirements.
- Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Drives facility van/bus for the purpose of transporting residents to/from appointments in a safe and timely manner.
- Assists residents and other passengers (e.g. seating, restraints, special equipment, etc.) for the purpose of providing safe loading and unloading from vehicles including both emergency situations and normal transport.
- Maintains and fuels van/bus.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have the ability to read and write in English, and follow oral and written directions at a level necessary to accomplish the job.
- Must be able to relate positively and favorably to residents and their families and to work cooperatively with other employees.
- Must be capable of maintaining regular attendance.
- Related experience at a level necessary to accomplish the functions of this position, to include skills in electronic, carpentry, masonry, etc.
- Must meet all federal, state and local health regulations which includes criminal background investigation and reference inquiries.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this job, with or without accommodation.
- Valid State Driver’s License
- Clean driving history
- Communicates well, on the phone and in person
- Excellent customer service skills
- Organizes and manages time wisely
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply