SIGN ON BONUS – TUITION REIMBURSEMENT PROGRAM – GENEROUS PTO
PrimeCare Medical of West Virginia, Inc. is looking for enthusiastic and hard-working Registered Nurses (RN) to work on the evening shift in the medical department at the Central Regional Jail in Sutton, WV. Currently we are offering a $7,500 SIGN ON BONUS for new full-time Registered Nurses. In correctional healthcare, nurses are provided the opportunity to apply their hands-on assessment and clinical nursing skills on a day-to-day basis. Nurses are involved in healthcare emergencies, physical health assessments, initial screenings, medication distribution, nurse sick call, and chronic care clinics.
- The Registered Nurse will primarily be responsible for ensuring that the nursing practice complies with established nursing standards.
- Taking vital signs, doing a complete assessment and documenting findings on dispensary care of all patients housed in the medical unit and/or mental health unit
- Implementing treatment care plans which promote maintain and restore the well-being of patients
- Maintaining accurate records of all controlled substances, narcotics, and sharps in accordance with applicable state and federal laws
- Conducting sick call for inmate/patients and provide provisional diagnosis and treatment for selected minor illnesses and injuries
- Ensuring that the proper flow of relevant information (inmate/patient information, unit problems) is disseminated to appropriate personnel
- Observing, reporting, and documenting symptoms, reactions and progress of inmate/patients and participates in the formulation of the plan of nursing care
- Providing health counseling to inmates/patients
- Providing other services and performs other duties as assigned by Nurse Supervisor, Health Services Administrator, head nurse, or corporate staff
PrimeCare believes in offering a competitive compensation and benefits package to their employees. Standard benefits for full-time employees include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability options, Generous PTO, 401k with match, and a Tuition Reimbursement Program.
The RN is a fast-paced position, and as such we must have someone who has the ability to multi-task and has a good grasp of patient assessment skills. Other requirements include:
- Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state in which the facility is located.
- Clinical decision-making ability.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to function independently and demonstrating clinical competency.
- Ability to gain trust of patients and build a working relationship.
Now is the time to join the exciting and challenging world of correctional healthcare!
Click Here To Apply