Founded in 1948, Norco is headquartered in Boise, Idaho and has more than 70 branches in Idaho, Montana, Oregon, Nevada, Washington, Utah and Wyoming. As a family and employee owned company we operate the nation’s largest independent gas manufacturer/distributor of welding, safety, medical equipment and supplies. Norco is proud to be among the thousands of privately-owned businesses nationwide that offer their employees a meaningful stake in the business through employee stock ownership (ESOP).
At Norco we share a common mission: “Serving You Better.” Treating customers, suppliers and each other with respect and dignity is our top priority. We work hard every day to serve others and create rich lives for our employees, their families, and the communities where we work and live.
Norco is currently seeking an individual to fill our Production Technician position. The Production Technician is responsible for the loading and unloading of cylinders/freight from trucks, filling cylinders with compressed and liquefied gases safely, and following all established procedures and regulations. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Determining weights of cylinders and freight on orders to be loaded on each truck/trailer
- Loading trucks/trailers so that applicable weight limits are not exceeded.
- Load, unload, and handle all materials so that it is not damaged during this process or during transport
- Fill industrial and medical grade gases into cylinders following all established procedures, keeping neat and accurate records as necessary
- Fill industrial, medical, and food grade liquefied gases into cylinders following all established procedures
- Fill industrial and medical grade cryogenic refrigerated liquid into appropriate containers and vehicle mounted vessels, following all established procedures
- In supervisor’s absence, or as necessary, take phone calls, assist customers, review paperwork, and select tickets
- Perform analytical tests on medical and other products as described in established procedures
- Perform other tasks as assigned or necessary
- Training will be available to become a CDL Driver.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Ability to accurately enter data into computer and acquire a working knowledge of any software
applications applicable to the position
- Clean driving record
- Previous knowledge of cylinders and gases is a plus
Norco offers a competitive compensation/benefit package, including:
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Health, Vision and Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Medical and Dependent Care Flex Accounts (FSA)
- Life Insurance provided at no cost to employee by Norco through United Heritage
- Supplemental Accident, Disease, and Life Insurance through Colonial Life Insurance
- Employee Tuition Reimbursement
- 401(k) with Employer Matching
- Wellness Program
- Employee Discount on products sold by Norco
Norco, Inc is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Norco, Inc is a Drug-Free workplace.
Click Here To Apply