We have exciting LPN openings working in the Medical Department at the Southwestern Regional Jail in Holden, WV
Correctional nursing provides a challenging and exciting world of opportunities for nurses today. In correctional healthcare, nurses are provided the opportunity to apply their hands-on assessment and clinical nursing skills on a day-to-day basis.
- The Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN or GPN) will primarily be responsible for providing comprehensive nursing care. Other responsibilities include:
- Maintaining security of all medical records
- Ensuring strict compliance to all applicable pharmacy regulations
- Maintaining accurate records of all controlled substances, narcotics and sharps in accordance with applicable state and federal laws
- Conducting sick call for inmate / patients and provide treatment for selected minor illnesses and injuries.
- Observing, reporting, and documenting symptoms, reactions and progress of patients and participating in the formulation of the plan of nursing care
- Record, retrieve and file medical information in the inmate/patient medical record
- Accompanies and assists PCM physicians during facility rounds
Qualified applicants will have the following requirements:
Correctional nursing provides a challenging and exciting world of opportunities for nurses today. In correctional healthcare, nurses are provided the opportunity to apply their hands-on assessment and clinical nursing skills on a day-to-day basis. Correctional healthcare is similar to working in an emergency room or clinic.
Each day is both challenging and rewarding in Correctional Healthcare. Nurses are involved in healthcare emergencies, physical health assessments, initial screenings, medication distribution, nurse sick call, and chronic care clinics. Nurses will also provide assistance to physicians, psychiatrists and dentists.
PCM is dedicated to our employees and we will provide the knowledge and training to administer premier healthcare in the correctional environment.
Now is the time to join the exciting and challenging world of correctional healthcare!
Click Here To Apply