Full-Time Adult Psychiatrist
All full-time psychiatrists will participate in the IP call rotation and can have some combination of IP / OP responsibilities unless strict IP is preferred.
-Participation in the IP call rotation is non-negotiable
-We target weekend call to be 1:6.
-Team focus is exceptionally important.
1. Age range: 5 – 90+ (children, adolescents, and adults)
2. Diagnostic categories: all diagnostic categories including severe persistent mental illness, mild mental retardation, adjustment disorders, autism spectrum disorders, trauma, Axis II disorders, geriatrics, dual diagnosis, anxiety, and depression. Experience in treating eating disorders and/or postpartum depression would be a plus.
3. Clinical environment: traditional physician-based practice offering medication management, therapy, assessment, and psychological testing.
4. Work hours: 8 am – 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
a. There are some opportunities for a flexible work schedule
b. Clinic is open 7:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
5. Location: primarily at Cannon Memorial Hospital but possibly some consultative support at Watauga Medical Center
6. Adult patient appointments: 1 hour for initial psychiatric evaluation, 30 minutes for medication management follow up
a. Child initial evaluations 1.5 hours
7. Work Expectations: bi-weekly treatment team meetings with clinical staff;
monthly outpatient staff meetings; monthly all behavioral health staff meetings; daily communication with front office staff.
The Inpatient Unit is a 27-bed adult acute psychiatric unit. We admit patients
aged 18-64 with an average length of stay of about 5 days.
a. Maximum MD: Patient ratio is 1 : 10
2. Weekend coverage includes completion of psychiatric evaluation and for any newly admitted patients.
a. These functions must be completed within 24 hours of patients being
admitted to the facility.
b. Weekend call will be generally every fifth or sixth weekend but might be
more if necessary for some unexpected coverage situation.
3. Weeknight call involves being accessible via telephone for admission orders or denials.
a. Clinician must be within one hour of the facility to complete a face to face
patient assessment in the event of a patient restrictive intervention
4. General coverage:
a. Resources are shared based on coverage needs between all of our areas.
b. There would be an expectation to be willing to assume responsibilities to
cover the inpatient unit in the event of an emergency or scheduled
vacation of the regular attending IP physician.
Dictation is available by Phone
H&Ps are conducted by Psychiatrist and NP
2 Other Psychiatrists on staff
Psychiatrist reports to Dir of BH
Interdisciplinary treatment team
Salary and Benefits:
$310,000 flat base salary
$4,000 CME stipend per calendar year
6 weeks off per calendar year (CME, vacation, sick time)
ARHS Health & Retirement Benefits
Paid med mal and tail coverage
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $310,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Signing bonus
- Are you board certified?
- One location
Click Here To Apply