Southland Integrated Services, Inc. is looking for an experienced Maintenance staff – Driver with a valid class C license to safely transport seniors to and from their medical appointments and provide excellent customer service for the transportation program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Essential functions may include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Assist with phone calls and provide excellent customer service.
· Provide non-emergency medical transportation for clients to and from medical offices.
· Operate assigned vehicle in a safe and courteous manner.
· Safely and efficiently guide senior citizens and mobility assistive devices such as walkers, wheelchairs, etc.
- Coordinate effective transportation routes and schedules with the Senior Center Specialist.
- Outreach to local medical, dental and specialist offices to recruit potential clients into the transportation program.
- Ensure that all passengers are wearing their seatbelts for program safety requirements.
- Maintain accurate, up-to-date records on trip sheets, customer transportation forms, vehicle maintenance, fuel purchases, incident reports, accident reports, vehicle condition reports and other records that are requested from management.
- Report any incidents or accidents in a timely manner to the Transportation Supervisor.
- Conduct pre-trip and post-trip safety inspection of vehicle daily.
- Maintain an impeccably clean vehicle and office.
- General office duties to ensure safety, compliance, cleanness, etc.
- Maintain inventories and requisition necessary food supplies and equipment.
- Participate in agency/community’s events, assists in setting and cleaning up.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities required to satisfactorily
- A valid C-Class California driver’s license and in good standing with the DMV.
- Must not have more than two (2) moving violations within the thirty-six (36) months period preceding operation of the transportation service.
- Must not have a Motor Vehicle Record that contains any two point violation; or has outstanding failure to appear or failure to pay violations.
- Bi-lingual in English and Vietnamese or Spanish.
- Must have excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Must be able to perform comfortably in a fast-paced work environment.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and ability to work well in a team setting as well as independently.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $21.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Van Driver: 1 year (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- One location
Click Here To Apply