Independent Living Trainer
Independent Living Trainer support individuals in their home and community through implementation of Individual Service Plan objectives, progress documentation, participate in Person Served planning and evaluation processes. Workers are able to create their own schedules that work for them and the individuals on their case load.
- Must be able to pass a Criminal Background Check
- Must be 21 years of age or older with a high school diploma or GED
- Capable of communicating well in both verbal and written form
- Maintain a current Nevada driver’s license
- Ensure Person Served integration into community activities and services.
- Assures a safe environment, provides protective supervisory and advocacy.
- Assists with the development of a circle of support, build and maintain relationships with individuals family and friends.
- Provides daily living skills training and support, assists Persons Served in maintaining positive health and home.
- Provides transportation for Persons Served or assists with public transportation.
- Responsible for communicating Person Served related information to appropriate team member in a timely manner.
- Acts as a mandated abuse reporter; complete incident and accident reports as required.
- Provides training and assistance to all Persons Served in habilitation plans, and following any pre-established orders by medical professionals.
- Plan and support Persons Served in daily activities, which may include, but not limited to household chores, recreational activities, learning activities, physical fitness activities, community participation and money management.
- Responsible for assisting Persons Served with personal hygiene skills and tasks.
- Complete all program documentation accurately and within the allotted time frames, as necessary, to meet Call To Compassion, federal, and state regulatory requirements.
- Complete on-going training requirements within the organization and state required time frames while meeting required competency levels.
- May perform other duties as assigned to assure quality services to Persons Served.
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and excellent time management.
Exercise good judgement and decision-making skills is essential.
Ability to handle crisis situations.
Have a positive attitude.
Related keywords: trainer
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $14.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Reno, NV 89510 (Required)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations
This Job Is:
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Click Here To Apply