Monday through Friday 3:30pm to 5:30pm
Total 10 hours (Additional first shifts available in Colchester, CT, if interested)
*This position will require use of personal vehicle, with paid mileage.
The above shift is working 2 on 1 with high functioning male individual providing in-home support. Seizure medication is required to be administered as needed.
New Beginnings for Life is looking for a Residential Assistant to provide direct 2 to 1 care for a high functioning and independent individual with an intellectual disability. Our Residential Assistants provide a range of services for individuals based on their needs in their home and/or community. This includes but is not limited to personal care, domestic house hold services, personal appointments, medical appointments, vocational services, community activities, supervision within the home, and other task based upon their individual goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (not limited to):
- Provide supervision and implement program and behavior plans to adults with a wide range of mental, physical, and intellectual disabilities.
- Provides hands on care for individuals including activities of daily living, personal care and other activities to promote healthy living.
- Assumes responsibility for implementation of individualized treatment plan goals, teaching strategies, and reporting assignments.
- Implements medical/health protocols and required guidelines.
- Teaches and enforces safety practices.
- Provides vital input to the development of the individual’s Individual/Treatment Plan.
- Encourages the use of natural supports and fosters involvement in social and community activities while maintaining safety of the individuals supported.
- Supports individuals to engage in routine medical, psychological, dental appointments, personal business and other appointments as needed.
- Assumes responsibility for implementation of individualized treatment plan goals, teaching strategies, and life goals.
- Establishes, develops and maintains respectful relationships with individuals served, and facilitate functional training in vocational, domestic, recreational, leisure and community settings.
- Maintains and attends all required agency, state, or accreditation trainings as assigned including but not limited to PMT, CPR/First Aid, Abuse/Neglect, CODS, and Cornerstone.
- Establishes rapport and working relationship with individuals being supported and if applicable, family residing in home
- Demonstrates sensitivity and commitment to the individuals supported and family members within the home if applicable
- Attends supervision meetings and other events at the main office as needed.
- Implements Behavior Support plan and required guidelines.
- Assists individuals in making personal choices and accessing community activities.
- Assists/educates individual with household chores as needed.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Assists/educates with personal care such as eating, toileting, bathing and dressing as prescribed, based on the needs of the individuals served.
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- One to three years of experience in human services or relevant field experience preferred.
- Experience with behavioral individuals is preferred
- Flexible and energetic
- Experience writing case notes and tracking program and behavior data
- Ability to memorize medical, behavioral, and programming guidelines for multiple individuals and implement them effectively
- Communication with individuals in a supportive tone
- Ability to come in early/leave late or occasionally work weekends to fit the needs of the program
- Must have a High School Diploma or GED
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must have a current driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must be comfortable transporting clients in vehicle
- Must be comfortable working in out in the community
- Must be comfortable working in residents homes
- Current CPR/First Aid and PMT Certifications
- Smart Phone (preferred)
- Ability to pass criminal history background check, DMV record check, Abuse & Neglect Registry Check, and Sex Offender Registry Check
- Maintain DDS mandated trainings including CPR/First Aid, PMT, Abuse & Neglect, HIPAA, etc.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $14.75 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
To be discussed in New Hire Orientation.
- Are you willing to use your personal vehicle for transportation, if needed, with paid mileage?
- direct support (disabilities): 1 year (Required)
- CPR & First Aid (Preferred)
- PMT (Preferred)
- Clean Driver’s License (Required)
- Current Med Cert (Preferred)
- One location
Typical start time:
Company’s Facebook page:
- New Beginnings For Life
Click Here To Apply