Office Manager #97
Marketing & Communications
You Belong HERE!
Offering more than 100 certificate, associate and bachelor’s degree programs, Daytona State College (DSC) has responded to the education and workforce training needs in our region for more than 60 years. The college enrolls nearly 25,000 students annually at its seven instructional sites, with graduates serving in critical fields including health care, emergency services, business, education, hospitality, engineering, technology and more.
DSC is consistently ranked in the top tier of U.S. News & World Report’s Best Online Bachelor’s Programs. The online Nursing and Engineering Technology degrees are ranked as the No. 1 most affordable programs of their kind, Study.com lists DSC as one of Florida’s Top Online Colleges and Schools, covering all accredited universities and colleges in the state, and our Elementary Education Teacher Prep Program was recently ranked among the best in the country by the National Council on Teacher Quality. Additionally, the U.S. Department of Education’s College Affordability and Transparency Center has ranked DSC among the top 50 most affordable public four-year institutions in the country, with tuition that is less than half the national average. And for three years in a row, U.S. News & World Report has ranked DSC among its Top Online Bachelor’s Programs for Veterans. DSC is a student-centered institution committed to open access, excellence in teaching and learning, and, foremost, student success. The College offers a full range of social and cultural activities that include our internationally recognized Southeast Museum of Photography, a state-of-the-art fitness and aquatic facility, an athletic program with 10 varsity sports, and a performing arts center that hosts theatrical, musical and dance productions throughout the year. Admission to most of these events is free for DSC employees.
We currently have an opportunity to join our team of talented and diverse Faculty and Staff as an Office Manager.
Required Qualifications: This position requires an Associate degree in Computer Training, Office Skills, or a closely related field, and a minimum of one (1) year related experience.
This is a full-time, non-exempt position with a minimum hourly rate of $13.03 with an approximate annual amount of $27,100. Minimal additional compensation may be granted for education and/or experience exceeding the minimum stated job requirements. This is at the sole discretion of Daytona State College.
Working Hours: This position will normally work Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Additional hours, weekends evenings as needed and/ or requested.
Posted Date: 4/7/2021 Closing Date: 4/15/2021 at 5:00 p.m.
Rewards package, features:
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Generous paid time off – vacation leave, sick leave, personal days, spring break, winter break, and other holidays
- Florida Retirement System (FRS)
- Free wellness membership at our Lemerand Center
- Education Reimbursement and Professional development opportunities
- Works to coordinate activities for the area of responsibility; assist with completion of department tasks as needed; attends staff meetings and meetings throughout the College to exchange information and collaborate on projects; works with Creative Services staff for project workflow and traffic control from client request to finished product.
- Oversees and reviews expenditures for assigned area; monitors various cost centers; provides fiscal data for preparation of annual budget. Gathers and maintains information to support periodic and special reports documenting activities and events for assigned area. Maintains record system for assigned area; processes daily paperwork including reports, memos, requisitions, and personnel information.
- Responsible for record keeping, time keeping, purchasing, and payroll reporting, ensuring compliance with applicable rules, regulations, and laws
- Collect information about college events/activities and publish monthly calendar; coordinate and publish weekly e-newsletter (Falcon Report) to highlight events and activities.
- Prepare event news releases for events/activities at College; updates news, photo galleries, and events pages on the College website; coordinates College’s social media effort; using analytics/dashboards, creates regular reports to evaluate effectiveness of social media and other marketing efforts.
- Trains office personnel on methods and procedures to complete assigned tasks. Serves on committees as directed by supervisor; deals effectively with administrators, faculty, students, staff, and vendors. Implements and enforces policy and procedures for area of responsibility; interprets same for staff as needed. Performs routine office tasks such as typing correspondence, filing, telephoning, and photocopying. Receive, sort, dispatch and file all mail and interdepartmental correspondence. Maintain office supplies, ordering/replacing inventory as needed. Maintain media and emergency contact lists.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: The successful candidate will have the ability to handle multiple responsibilities simultaneously; the ability to organize and prioritize work assignments; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Additionally, the candidate will be detail oriented, flexible and have knowledge and skill in working with Microsoft Office products and other computer software programs.
For consideration, applicants must submit an online application at www.DaytonaState.edu/hr. Applicants may also upload his/her cover letter, resume and transcripts of all degrees and coursework. Application must include the names, addresses and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references. If formal education occurred at an international institution, a copy of the degree evaluation must be uploaded and submitted with the online application. Candidates will not be considered if copies of transcripts (and / or third party evaluations) are not furnished by the position closing date. Any candidate hired must supply official transcripts within 30 days of employment.
Criminal background checks are required.
For more information, please contact us at 386.506.4505 or visit our website at http://www.DaytonaState.edu.
Reasonable accommodations are available to applicants with disabilities during the application and interview process. To request accommodations, contact 386.506.4505.
Daytona State College prohibits discrimination and assures equal opportunity in employment and education services to all individuals without regard to age, ancestry, belief, color, disability, ethnicity, genetic information, gender, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, and veteran status. For more details, read our policy at this site http://www.daytonastate.edu/hr/equalaccess.html or contact Lonnie Thompson, Director of Equity, Inclusion and Title IX at 386-506-3973 or 1200 W. International Speedway Blvd., Daytona Beach.
VETERANS’ PREFERENCE / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY / EQUAL ACCESS EMPLOYER
Click Here To Apply