Managerial consulting supports senior leadership by addressing strategic issues, including determining the problem definition and structuring the problem solving approach, generally where no precedent currently exists. Issues span several topics and are not restricted to one functional area. Examples include strategy development, market assessments, policy issues, profitablilty assessments and major implementations. Issues support senior leadership in the definition and attainment of organizational goals. Managerial Sr Consultant provides consulting, project management, analytic support services or technical expertise for a broad array of issues. Has sole responsibility for large complex multi-dimensional analytical projects.
- Leads, makes significant contributions, and/or provides technical leadership to high visibility management projects to identify and resolve issues of strategic importance. Interfaces regularly with senior management to produce timely and valuable results.
- Sets the strategic direction of management projects.
- Determines goals and priorities with management team sponsors.
- Establishes team membership and negotiates time commitments and resources
- Develops proposals for clients outlining proposed project structure, approach and work plan.
- Provides staff leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams, as well as manages work of outside consultants when used.
- Designs research plans for data gathering and analysis; participates significantly in interpreting analysis and developing action plans accordingly.
- Produces or oversees development of written materials for senior executives and other key clients.
- Plans and facilitates meetings.
- Makes formal presentations to various senior level audiences.
- Assists, as needed, in planning and coordinating with other ongoing teams and projects to maximize effectiveness.
- Participates in the development and management of the department including coaching, recruiting, conducting performance reviews for consultants/analysts, and other departmental activities.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, economics, health care administration, operations research, public health administration, or other related field, OR four (4) years of experience in a directly related field.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
- Demonstrate ability to determine the key business issues and develop appropriate action plans from multidisciplinary perspectives.
- Demonstrate ability to conduct and interpret quantitative/qualitative analysis.
- Advanced computer skills and knowledge of data systems.
- Proven leadership skills in project management and consulting.
- Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the operations and/or business of KP, health policy trends, and any applicable regulations related to the responsible practice area.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Master’s degree strongly preferred.
PrimaryLocation : California,Oakland,1800 Harrison
HoursPerWeek : 40
Shift : Day
Workdays : Mon-Fri
WorkingHoursStart : 09:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 05:00 PM
Job Schedule : Full-time
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : NUE-NCAL-09|NUE|Non Union Employee
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Consulting Services / Project/Program Management (Non IT)
Department : Oakland Reg – 1950 Franklin – Rgnl Mg Admn-Oper Improvement – 0206
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click Here To Apply