Performs specialized and routine diagnostic radiology procedures.
Exhibiting a high degree of tact, courtesy, and poise, explains procedures to patient to reduce anxieties and obtain patient cooperation.
Prepares and positions patient for diagnostic imaging procedures.
Adjusts immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specified area of body requested by physician.
Determines exposure factors based on height, weight, portion of body involved, and degree on penetration required.
Moves imaging equipment into specified position.
Adjusts equipment controls to set exposure factors and produce images of proper detail, density, and accuracy.
Operates mobile radiologic equipment in operating room, emergency room, or at patient’s bedside.
Assists radiologists and other qualified physicians who have a valid CA DHS RHB Supervisor Operator Permit for Fluoroscopy in fluoroscopic and special x-ray examinations.
Prepares images for reading by radiologist or requesting physician.
Processes images and reviews for proper identification and quality control.
Performs routine maintenance, diagnoses malfunctions, and makes minor repairs on radiologic equipment, arranging for repairs as needed.
Practices radiation protection techniques to minimize radiation to patient and staff.
Completes forms and maintains records, logs, and reports of work performed.
Orients new staff and trains students.
Performs other related duties as necessary.
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) required.
License, Certification, Registration
- BLS required.
- California Certified Radiologic Technologist License (CRT). California State Fluoroscopy Permit. California Venipuncture Certificate.
California Mammography Certificate (when required for the position).
- Ability to perform all general diagnostic and routine fluoroscopic duties as determined by the employer.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Must be willing to work in a Labor Management Partnership environment.
- Also refer to Position Specifications outlined in the appropriate collective bargaining agreement.
- Radiologic Technologist Career Ladder Agreement (1) Radiologic Technologists without Venipuncture Certification – Working in a Modality where Venipuncture is NOT performed.
- (2) Radiologic Technologists working on or before October 05 at Kaiser Permanente without California Venipuncture Certification in a Modality where it is NOT performed as part of their work assignment will not be required to obtain it.
- For promotions, transfers or training in a Specialty that requires Venipuncture, the Technologist must obtain CA Venipuncture certification on or before the date of application.
- The employer will provide the Technologist with educational opportunities in order to pass the California permit test at the Technologist’s request.
PrimaryLocation : California,Santa Clara,Santa Clara Hospital
HoursPerWeek : 1
Shift : Day
Workdays : On-Call *may rotate to satellite facilities including Skyport when needed
WorkingHoursStart : 00:00 AM
WorkingHoursEnd : 11:30 PM
Job Schedule : Call-in/On-Call
Job Type : Standard
Employee Status : Regular
Employee Group/Union Affiliation : A01|SEIU|United Healthworkers
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Job Category : Imaging / Radiology
Department : Santa Clara Homestead Hospital – Radiology-General – 0206
Travel : No
Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Click Here To Apply