Supporting Community Healthcare is a rewarding role. LifeLong Medical Care is looking for a Associate Clinical Social Worker (ASW) at our Brookside San Pablo Health Center. The ASW will provide individual and group behavior health services to patients in a busy primary care clinic serving a diverse and vulnerable population.
This is a full time, exempt, benefit eligible position.
LifeLong Medical Care is a large, multi-site, Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC) with a rich history of providing innovative healthcare and social services to a wonderfully diverse patient community. Our patient-centered health home is a dynamic place to work, practice, and grow. We have over 20 primary care health centers and deliver integrated services including psychosocial, referrals, chronic disease management, dental, health education, home visits, and much, much more. LifeLong Medical Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision (including dependent and domestic partner coverage), generous leave benefits including nine paid holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403(b) retirement savings plan.
Clinical: Direct Service
Assesses clients’ psychosocial service needs, consults with interdisciplinary team members, and assists with Behavioral Health Program outreach, integration and service delivery.
- Provides individual counseling/therapy to patients with mild to moderate mental health needs.
- Develops a diagnosis in consultation with Lead LCSW.
- Plans and facilitates behavioral health groups.
- Develops relationships with community agencies and service providers, links clients to these services as needed. Acts as an advocate for the client and liaison with outside agencies.
- Provides some clinical case management to individual clients on ASW caseload.
- Learns common health conditions of the clinic population, reinforces medical treatment plans, identifies and treats Behavioral Health conditions impeding implementation of medical treatment plans.
- Maintains clinical charting to meet requirement of legal reporting, billing, Quality Improvement, interdisciplinary care and collaboration.
Clinical: Team Participation
- Participates constructively in both behavioral health team and interdisciplinary team to address the clinical and psychosocial needs of individual clients.
- Attends staff clinical team meetings.
- Collaborates professionally with interdisciplinary team members and partners including other Behavioral Health providers, Primary Care Providers, Community Health Workers, Medical Assistants and office support staff. Provides Behavioral Health insights when appropriate.
- Advances the integration of Behavioral Health and Medical approaches to client care through constructive and respectful partnerships.
- Participates in agency and/or grant driven directives and outcomes.
- Master Degree in Social Welfare.
- Registered with California Board of Behavioral Sciences as ASW.
- Bi-lingual Spanish.
- Experience working with children and adult.
- Previous experience in a medical/social service setting providing counseling or therapy services.
- Previous experience working with an interdisciplinary team.
- Knowledge of Motivational Interviewing, Harm Reduction, Trauma Informed Care.
- Experienced in Electronic Health Records, Medical and Medicare documentation.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Click Here To Apply