Alexandria Real Estate Equities, Inc. (NYSE: ARE), an S&P 500® urban office REIT, is the first and longest-tenured owner, operator, and developer uniquely focused on collaborative life science, technology and agtech campuses in AAA innovation cluster locations. Founded in 1994, Alexandria pioneered this niche and has since established a significant market presence in key locations, including Greater Boston, San Francisco, New York City, San Diego, Seattle, Maryland, and Research Triangle. Alexandria is known for its high-quality and diverse tenant base. Alexandria has a longstanding and proven track record of developing Class A properties clustered in urban life science, technology, and agtech campuses that provide its innovative tenants with highly dynamic and collaborative environments that enhance their ability to successfully recruit and retain world-class talent and inspire productivity, efficiency, creativity, and success. For more information, please visit www.are.com.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions, marital status, registered domestic partner status, family-care status, veteran status, military status, age, national origin or ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other category protected by applicable federal, state or local law or ordinance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
We are seeking a Legal Administrative Assistant for our Real Estate Development Legal department in our San Diego office. The incumbent will be a highly skilled individual who will be primarily responsible for assisting the Real Estate Development legal department with various aspects of contract preparation and maintenance and other tasks as assigned.
- Preparation, summation and compilation of construction related contract documents and change orders for senior staff review and approval.
- Ensure all agreements are properly approved in accordance with corporate procedure; manage the contract signing process and returning contracts by a given deadline.
- Follow up on contract executions and required paperwork.
- Updating contract lists, logs, and reports.
- Enter approved contracts, change orders, and costs into appropriate project management/accounting system.
- Provide advice, guidance, and direction to carry out contract administration consistent with RED Legal established policies.
- Manage record keeping for all contract-related correspondence and documentation.
- Coordinate and assist with collecting, aggregating, and preparing data.
- Perform additional assignments as required by the operating needs of the department or as directed by management
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, strongly preferred.
- 1-2 years of relevant office experience, a must.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with project management/document control software (Unifier) preferred.
- Familiarity with DocuSign preferred.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills to interact with all levels including, but not limited to senior management, consultants, etc.
- Must demonstrate integrity, honesty, professionalism and commitment to company values.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have excellent organizational, communication, strategic, technical, analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have high standards of quality with attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Click Here To Apply