The Medical Receptionist supports the delivery of patient care by providing clerical and receptionist services to patients, families, visitors, staff, physicians, departments that support patient care, and all other customers of a Patient Care Unit with regular guidance. Facilitates efficient workflow, supports appropriate use of technology, and fosters effective communication.
The Neurology, Epilepsy Unit is a 27 bed unit that provides care for adult patients ranging in age from young adult to geriatrics who are being treated for a multitude of neurological disorders and disease processes with the most commonly seen being strokes, craniotomies, seizures, and encephalopathy.
Full-time (36 hours/week), weekend (Sat, Sun, Mon) day shift (12 hour shifts)
View how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make every day:
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged. It is a place where your diversity — of culture, thinking, learning and leading — is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt’s mission is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education, and research.
VUMC Recent Accomplishments
Because we are committed to providing the best in patient care, education and research, we are proud of our recent accomplishments:
- US News & World Report: #1 Adult Hospital in Tennessee and metropolitan Nashville, named to the Best Hospitals Honor Roll of the top 20 adult hospitals, 10 nationally ranked adult specialty programs, with 3 specialties rated in the top 10 nationally, Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt named as one of the Best Children’s Hospital in the nation, with 10 out of 10 pediatric specialties nationally ranked.
- Healthcare’s Most Wired: Among the nation’s 100 “most-wired” hospitals and health systems for its efforts in innovative medical technology.
- Becker’s Hospital Review: named as one of the “100 Great Hospitals in America”, in the roster of 100 Hospitals and Health Systems with Great Oncology Programs and to its list of the 100 Hospitals with Great Heart Programs.
- The Leapfrog Group: One of only 10 children’s hospitals in the to be named at Leapfrog Top Hospital.
- American Association for the Advancement of Science: The School of Medicine has 112 elected fellows
- Magnet Recognition Program: Received our third consecutive Magnet designations.
- National Academy of Medicine: 22 members, elected by their peers in recognition of outstanding achievement
- Human Rights Campaign Healthcare Equality Index: 6th year in a row that Vanderbilt University Medical Center was a Leader in LGBTQ Healthcare Equality.
- Processes orders according to guidelines, follows computer downtime procedures.
- Enters and updates information in computer system to assure current information and retrieves data accurately.
- Maintains unit log according to guidelines, makes follow up appointments, and performs discharge related clerical tasks.
- Responds to patient call system and patient requests providing clear, current information to families, visitors and staff.
- Uses telephone, patient call system, beeper/paging system, fax/copy machine, scanning, unit specific monitoring devices, pneumatic tube system and to facilitate flow of communication, equipment and supplies.
- Orders, maintains and uses supplies in a cost effective manner.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the position and additional duties may be assigned.
Click Here To Apply