At Carvana, we sell cars, but we are not salespeople. We have made it our mission to create a hassle-free way for people to buy and sell cars. We saw a huge problem with how much of a headache it is to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to put customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we have built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money. Customers can search through thousands of vehicles online, see full 360-degree views of both the interior and exterior of the vehicles before deciding to go through the purchasing process. Our Customer Advocates will then either deliver the purchased vehicle to ourcustomer’s driveway using one of our kick-ass one car haulers, or they will meet our customers at one of our amazing coin-operated Vending Machines.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
About the team and position
Carvana’s Market Operation department is known for its team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
We expect bright people who are willing to roll up their sleeves, step in wherever needed, mentor and develop team members, and assume additional responsibilities as needed while juggling multiple
projects. Don’t forget to bring your personality! We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
The Team Lead, Market Operations is responsible for running the local Carvana hub and everything that comes with it, including (but not limited to); market launch, operations, logistics, consumer branding,
team engagement and effectiveness and, of course, the market’s ongoing success. We are looking for
someone who is a big picture thinker with the ability to manage the employee and customer experience. A Team Lead not only crushes daily operations, but they have the savvy to assess business trends and
proactively create solutions to potential roadblocks. We need a strong people leader, as a Team Lead
works closely with a team of extremely talented Customer Advocates and is responsible for providing
vision and development opportunities.
What you’ll be Doing
- Be a continuous positive force within the market and create strong morale and spirit throughout
- Help interview, select, onboard and train a team of Customer Advocates and provide the tools,
resources and guidance they need to be successful. Employee development is an essential part
of this role.
- Actively develop a team of Customer Advocates by providing feedback, conducting performance
check-ins, and setting goals to improve performance and skill set.
- Recognize and reinforce individual and team accomplishments by using existing organizational
tools and programs as well as by finding new, creative and effective methods of recognition.
- Generate and monitor regular reports like a boss and presenting to upper management… also
like a boss.
- Be the go to expert for your team. You’re always ready to jump in alongside an Advocate to
wash cars or jump into our kick-ass single-car hauler and deliver cars to our customers while
providing a stellar customer experience.
- Drive production in a fast-paced customer service environment and keep every detail of your
market operating like a well oiled machine
- Actively look for ways to improve the overall customer and Advocate team experience.
- Address and effectively manage complex and sensitive customer-facing issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
What you should have
- 5+ years work experience in a customer facing team environment
- 3+ years of management experience
- Proven history of developing and coaching employees
- Prior experience with strategic planning, process improvement, and guiding teams to exceed
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to diagnose and solve problems with varying complexity while maintaining focus on the
- Willingness to work on weekends
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere
where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
It would be great if you also had
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience with SalesForce or Tableau
- An analytical mind
- Experience handling logistics
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your
pets, and much more
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally
- Access to opportunities to expand your skillset and share your knowledge with others across the
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied
and rapid career development
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
- The ability to walk/stand and sustain physical activity for extended periods of time (8+ hours).
- Requires high and low levels of movement with the ability to reach with arms, twist, kneel,
crouch, climb, balance, and squat.
- Requires the grasping, carrying, lifting, pushing, and pulling of items up to 50lbs.
- Frequent driving requires excellent visual activity and manual dexterity.
- Requires to work in outdoor weather conditions.
- Must be able to stay in stationary potions for extended periods of time (when driving) up to 3
hours at a time.
- Frequently communicates with customers and must be able to exchange accurate information.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is not eligible for visa
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 5 years (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply