We are a subscription-based, B2B2C business (https://www.notion.so/What-are-we-building-46397655223d4a5ab156964558b9bb5f), so this role requires deep empathy with both our customers (experts in the Health and Wellness space with large audiences) and their customers (individuals looking for structured guidance from experts and commiseration from peers while facing difficult life transitions such as pregnancy, sobriety, grief, etc.). As Design Lead, you will be tasked with driving every aspect of the product design processes as part of a cross-functional product team. This involves owning the entire design process starting with understanding the problem through to execution including user research, wireframes, prototypes, and detailed visual designs for implementation. As an early employee and our first Design Lead, you will have a huge role in shaping what Uplift becomes.
- This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in New York once safe to return to the office with plenty of flexibility for remote work
- 3+ years of full-time design experience at a consumer-facing software startup
- Experienced in Figma & prototyping is required
As Design Lead, your priority will be to own the design process for our product across both web and mobile. This will entail:
- Design flows, optimizations, and interfaces that are effective, usable, simple, and desirable for our customers and their millions of customers
- Define the user experience and visual design of your solutions from conception through shipping and beyond
- Use basic research techniques, competitive analysis, and data to inform strategic and tactical design decisions
- Produce detailed specs for your interaction models and UI and collaborate with engineers to communicate your thinking. Easter egg – if you actually read this mention it in your cover letter; we like people with attention to detail
- Work closely with the founders to establish a cohesive visual aesthetic for us that extends across all user-facing interfaces
- Eventually build and manage a team of designers who will report directly to you
- Extremely competitive base salary + Equity
- 100% Benefits Coverage Medical, Dental, and Vision
- The opportunity to build a product that improves the lives of millions of people
If you are a well-rounded designer who’s interested in being a part of a tight-knit, hard-charging team at a rapidly growing seed stage company with a clear path to a Series A (and beyond), apply here (https://uplift.breezy.hr/p/4f03c3815329-ui-ux-design-lead)!
Please include your resume, any relevant work samples, and a note on why you are interested in this position.
Click Here To Apply