Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we’re best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* – all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we’ve added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
- Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Security Efficiency is one of the security engineering teams focused on engineering velocity, efficiency, and security at Credit Karma. We are building services that automate custom workflows and provide timely signals and controls to the Security Team.
What you’ll do:
- Influence the features and direction of our products with your own ideas
- Own projects and the complete software development lifecycle
- Work closely with team members to build scalable features and systems
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Influence the features and direction of the product with your own ideas
- Identify ways to improve technology and process
- Lead or participate in code and technical design reviews.
What’s great about the role:
- The autonomy, pace, and quick decisions of a startup, with the stability of Credit Karma’s mature platform
- You’ll have lots of opportunities to break new ground, discover and seek brand-new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large engineering organization
- Have the autonomy to achieve results without micromanagement.
- And, of course, you get all those awesome company perks that you probably already read about!
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- 5+ years of hands-on software development experience, developing large scale services.
- 3+ years of significant professional experience in server side development.
- Experience implementing APIs that are used by the client (e.g. REST)
- Experience in Scala, Java, and/or any functional language. We code primarily in Scala, so you’ll be excited to either ramp or continue with such
- Professional experience across entire software development process, from development environment, to CI & CD, to production deployment, product and application performance measurement
- Proficiency in SQL, relational database schema design and ORM technologies & concepts.
- Enthusiasm for learning about security products, features, and strategies.
- DevOps experience a plus, specifically Docker, Kubernetes, cloud services
- Python experience is a plus.
- Comfortable with writing tests, TDD
- Providing timely code review feedback.
- Proven ability and interest in mentorship of junior engineers
- Experience in full stack web development is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Physics, or a related field or software development training program
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data.
Click Here To Apply