Credit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we’re best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), and growing their savings* – all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we’ve added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles and London.
- Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Your unique mission as a Software Engineer IV on the Security Services team is to own and lead our engineering efforts around our Auth and Session security services, and drive key decisions along the way that will influence our entire engineering organization. Security expertise is not a requirement but we’re looking for folks excited to leverage this opportunity and learn about applied security in a complex enterprise environment.
What you’ll do:
- Lead critical efforts designing and building new capabilities for our Authentication/Authorization, Session Management, User PII, and Envelope Encryption services
- Influence the features and direction of our products with your own ideas
- Identify ways to improve our technology and process
- Lead by example and mentor team members by providing technical and design guidance
- Lead or participate in code and technical design reviews
- Take an active role in the technical growth of other team members and the processes that support overall team growth
- Scoping and planning work across multi-team efforts, working closely with business partners to define a product vision in technical terms, and plan implementation and delivery
What’s great about the role:
- The autonomy, pace, and quick decisioning of a startup, with the stability of Credit Karma’s mature platform and business
- Lots of opportunity to break new ground, discover and solve brand new challenges, and make key decisions impacting a large engineering organization
- Have the autonomy to achieve results without micromanagement
Minimum Basic Requirement:
- 4+ years of professional experience developing large-scale, high-volume services
- 4+ years of significant professional experience in server-side development
- Knowledge in microservice architectures, messaging patterns, deployment models, domain driven design.
- Professional experience across the entire software development process, from development environment, to CI & CD, to production deployment, product and application performance measurement
- Enthusiasm for learning about security products, features, and strategies.
- Approaches problems with a pragmatic, analysis driven approach – understands trade-offs between perfection and time, with an eye towards iterative delivery of product features, and utilizes this capacity to plan and deliver on product requirements
- Confident articulating complex technical content to peers and partners
- Scala experience a plus
- DevOps experience a plus, specifically Docker, Kubernetes, cloud services
- Proven ability and interest in mentorship of junior engineers
Equal Employment Opportunity
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with a single eye to nourishing an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all and fosters diversity by supporting our internal Employee Resource Groups. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, veteran or military status, disability (physical or mental), genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and operate in compliance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
COVID-19 update: Protecting the health of our employees and the candidates interested in a career at Credit Karma is our top priority. We appreciate your understanding and being open and flexible with any changes related to our interviewing process.
Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data.
Click Here To Apply