At Alternatives in Psychological Consultation (APC), we care about the overall well-being of our employees and we don’t just talk about it—we walk the walk. If you are looking for a company that understands the importance of work-life balance and promotes health of mind, body, and spirit, then we’d love for you to apply! We take pride in our talented, dynamic, values-driven workforce. When you speak with our employees, it’s not uncommon to hear that they’ve been with us for quite a long time.
We are searching for a REACH Care Coordinator!
Applicants must have a vehicle and auto insurance, a bachelor’s degree in a relevant area of education or human services, at least one year of experience in the mental health field, basic computer knowledge, excellent writing skills and interpersonal communication skills, strong organizational and time management skills, and a welcoming demeanor and positive attitude.
Care Coordination is a robust position that involves helping children & youth with mental health needs, and their families, so that children & youth can remain safely in the community. A Care Coordinator must have outstanding organizational and time management skills along with very strong written and oral communication skills.
Job duties include:
- Engages with client and family to learn about and understand individual strengths, desires, needs, etc to provide person-centered, trauma-informed, and culturally intelligent care
- Coordinates and monitors services provided by the members of the Child and Family Team to support mental health and/or substance use needs, educational needs, recreational/social needs, family needs, etc.
- Develops, maintains, and updates the Plan of Care and Crisis Plan, which document and direct the help provided by both informal and formal supports
- Researches local resources and provides referrals for formal and informal services in the client’s community
- Visits with the client and family in their home at least twice per month
- Responds to crisis situations on an emergent basis
- Documents all Care Coordination activities in the client’s electronic medical record
Want to work for a multiple award winning Top Workplace in Wisconsin? Apply now! We can’t wait to hear from you!
Click Here To Apply