Krier Foods Inc. is a family-oriented beverage contract packer with an innovative desire to serve. We are driven by our people and the relationships we create. Do you want the opportunity to learn and excel in your career? Do you want to be part of an industry that is constantly changing and evolving? Krier Foods has an exciting opportunity to join our high performing operations team on First shift. In this critical role as Machine Operator, this person has the primary responsibility of supporting the production line by operating the production equipment based on production scheduling needs. Reporting to the Production Line Lead, this person will have the opportunity to learn all production equipment in a rotational training program including de-palletizer, filler, packager, and more. There is opportunity for growth and development from within with benefit package including but not limited to medical, dental, 401K and more! Located in Random Lake, WI.
- Operate within safety and quality standards, good manufacturing practices (GMP’s) and adherence to job specifications.
- Ensure proper PPE is utilized, as well as forklift compliance (if applicable).
- Responsible for reading, comprehending the job standards, packaging requirements and meeting the quality standards and specifications for products (I.E.: coding, material, specs, etc.).
- Monitor the equipment operation to ensure that the appropriate product is produced to the correct amount, graphics, wrap and coding.
- Operates machine controls and minor adjustments while monitoring the line for proper operation and performing final case inspections every hour.
- Closely monitoring production equipment for jams, making necessary adjustment, and ensuring the availability and application of materials.
- Assist in correct set up of production line to ensure product type of materials (including proper graphics if required), size of trays, proper cans and can ends, labels, and coder set.
- Able to quickly troubleshoot issues on equipment, resolve and keep production line moving.
- Follow all customer standards/specifications, quality requirements and Federal, State and Local regulations.
- Maintain a clean work area by appropriately handling all recyclables and trash; as well as, re-working miss-packs during and at end of shift.
- Complete required documentation accurately and completely as required for the equipment being operated and document line issues.
- Fills in on any lines or projects as needed.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- 6 month previous manufacturing experience preferred; with experience in Food and Beverage industry preferred.
- Required to fully comply with Quality Management System Policies and Procedures and Food Safety Management requirements.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed.
- Must be able to effectively communicate, read and comprehend instructions and procedures in English.
- Required to be forklift certified by Krier Foods, Inc. before operating any company owned forklift (if applicable).
- Ability to demonstrate a high attention to detail.
- Ability to demonstrate a high sense of urgency and be proactive in addressing problems as they arise.
- Ability to demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, cultivating a culture of trust, accountability, collaboration and teamwork.
Ability to perform physical requirements of the job (prolonged physical exertions, including standing, sitting, twisting, reaching, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, carrying, and climbing), perform repetitive motions for extended period of time (up to 2-3 hours) and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Required to have visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned (i.e., custodial, general labor, etc.) or to make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e. inspection, etc.)
- Ability to work in various conditions with exposure to extreme heat, cold, dust and fumes.
- Food manufacturing plant working environment.
- Noise level in the plant are moderate to high. While in the plant, hearing protection is required.
- When located in the plant, the environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), moderate cold and hot temperature (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to raw food ingredients (including allergens) and chemicals.
- Due to food and safety regulations, wearing of hairnets, earplugs, bump cap and steel toed or composite toed shoes are required at all times while in the plant.
Krier Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Click Here To Apply