New York Islanders Hockey Club & UBS Arena
A storied sports franchise…a world class arena…the best fans…
Our Game Plan
The New York Islanders Hockey Club is one of the most iconic franchises in professional sports with a deeply passionate and loyal fanbase. We’ve won four consecutive Stanley Cups in the early 1980s and are well on our way to add to that legacy. The next few years will be action-packed as we complete our world-class, state-of-the-art arena, reposition our brand in the Long Island and Metro New York markets, and prepare to reclaim the Stanley Cup.
We are hiring an Account Manager, Ticket Sales. If you are passionate about sales, have 5+ years of sports and entertainment experience, and interested in being apart of an amazing new arena project, we want to get to know you!
How to Make the Team
Our Account Managers bring exceptional communication skills and a strong sales background.
Bring your polish, personality, and competitive edge front and center in this multi-faceted role to focus on maintaining strong relationships with all levels of our fans – ticket buyers, suite holders, club members and VIP clients.
You’ll also have opportunities to showcase your creativity in exploring new business opportunities where you will identify target customers and drive sales to achieve departmental goals.
Show Us You Can
- Use your best techniques and experience to develop and implement new initiatives to drive sales of NYI Full Season, Mini Plans, Group Packages, & Suites
- Expand your network of existing, new and prospective clients daily
- Collaborate with your teammates in sales, marketing and creative to develop engaging client activities
- Demonstrate individual and group growth projections against your monthly and annual goals
- Represent the team at NYI home games and work on in-game selling and entertain prospective clients
What Skills You’ll Use
- Flexibility: Switch gears on a moment’s notice and adapt to shifting priorities
- Motivation: Leverage your personal skills to drive results and influence success
- Autonomy: Manage your own time, work independently, and prioritize tasks
- Collaboration: Liaise with cross-functional internal teams and establish positive relationships
- Accountability: Take ownership of your work
- Conflict Resolution: Show off your problem solving and decision-making skills
Your Training & Talent
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in business, sports management or similar
- 5+ years of prior sales and event experience with demonstrated success in achieving results
- Experience in Ticketmaster Archtics and CRM
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Microsoft Office skills
Where You’ll Go
You will primarily report to our Floral Park, NY office, along with:
- Attending home games and other events (events can fall on evenings, weekends, and/or holidays)
- Traveling on occasion with the possibility of air travel and/or an overnight stay (<5% travel)
What’s in it for You
- Gaining core sales experience for an iconic NHL® franchise
- Opportunities to earn sales incentive bonuses
- Comprehensive Medical and Dental benefits
- Paid time off
- A well-stocked pantry of healthy snacks and drinks
- Complimentary tickets for select home games
- Employee discount at New York Islanders Pro Shops
The Fine Print
The New York Islanders are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Click Here To Apply