The mission of Community Hospice is to embrace individuals and families facing life-changing journeys, enhancing quality of life for all.
Community Hospice, Inc. (CHI) is a non-profit organization providing medical, nursing, emotional, spiritual and educational support to individuals, their families, loved ones, and caregivers coping with grief or a life-threatening illness. Community Hospice serves patients wherever they call home. It may be in a hospital, nursing home, assisted living facility, or at the Alexander Cohen Hospice House.
Community Hospice offers the unique opportunity to make a valuable contribution in a supportive work environment. The Deli Cook is responsible for the overall production of food by following an established menu and recipe guidelines. The Deli Cook is responsible for maintaining the Community Hospice Deli, which is open to staff and the public, with the highest level of quality and under sanitary conditions.
- Preparing a la carte and catering orders for staff and guests of Community Hospice.
- Maintaining sanitary practices for safe food handling, kitchen sanitation, and cleanliness and compliance with all sanitation and food handling guidelines.
- Responding to customer/staff concerns in the deli or for catered events by addressing the specific problem with the customer/staff and taking action to resolve the identified problem to the satisfaction of the customer/staff. Communicating any complaints and resolutions to the Deli Director of Human Resources in writing or verbally immediately after occurrence.
- Purchasing products and supplies needed for day-to-day operations of the Community Hospice Deli and special events at Community Hospice. Controlling cost by adhering to food specifications, managing inventory to minimize theft, waste, loss and preserving quality food production and guest satisfaction.
- Providing service to customers at the deli window, entering information into the cash register and ensuring customer satisfaction in a pleasant professional manner.
- Providing excellent customer service, by always being respectful, professional and displaying a positive attitude towards guests and co-workers. Displaying willingness to fulfill special requests and communicating effectively with guests and staff.
- Following all Community Hospice policies and procedures including, but not limited to, safety, infection control, privacy, confidentiality, and HIPAA.
- Three years of cooking experience is desirable.
- Reading and writing skills in order to understand recipes, labels, policies and procedures and other written information required to complete the job.
- Ability to understand the needs and preferences of the guests and staff.
- Knowledge and ability to use cooking equipment properly and safely.
- Ability to communicate professionally and effectively and to resolve problems as they occur with residents, customers and staff.
- Ability to work under pressure and make appropriate judgments.
- Must possess high standards of personal appearance and hygiene
- Must have required training in Serve Safe Food Handling procedures.
- Must be able to lift heavy pots, pans, supplies and transport carts
WORK ENVIRONMENT: This position works in a Dining/Kitchen environment, subject to temperature changes, moisture, using and/or working around equipment.
WORK SCHEDULE: This is a regular, full-time position working a 40 hour, five day workweek. Work Shift 7:00am-3:30pm.
We offer our employees the following competitive benefits package:
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Short Term and Long Term Disability/Life insurance
- 24 days paid time off per year to start
- 403(b) Retirement plan with employer contributions
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Fitness Center Membership discounts
- Employee Assistance program
- Other retail discounts (rental cars, cell phones, etc.)
Our supportive, caring environment extends not only to our patients and families, but to our valued staff as well. Employees from a number of disciplines work together in a collaborative, stimulating environment that is considered by many to be a model for quality healthcare. Community Hospice is a rapidly growing company and is always looking for qualified employees. We seek highly motivated, talented candidates to join our staff and offer a competitive benefits package to our employees.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cooking: 3 years (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
Click Here To Apply